GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is why Garrett and Jackson are considered great in the soap world.

I don't believe for a second that Michael is going to be like AJ. Guza hated AJ. He loves Michael. Michael will be tormented in a good way like Jason.

It is good that the kid who plays Kiefer isn't Michael. He is very talented. He understands subtly. I think that he can make a career for himself outside of the soaps if he persists. As Kiefer, he will be written out and forced to find other work sooner than later.

• Members

I think that if they actually go somewhere with this storyline of Keifer/Kristina abuse....It could be a good storyline of her torment to get over it, something like that. A good bonding moment between Alexis and Kristina, Keifer going insane, something like that..

And I personally think Drew Garrett is so over-dramatic, and his voice is just annoying. I think he is a barely decent actor, and all he is good at is furrowing his brow, and yelling.

I think ex-ATWT star Jesse Lee Sofer would have been a better choice. Stil do.

• Members

I didn't hate Johnny for any of that and didn't even realize I was supposed to hate him. Every word out of his mouth was the absolute truth. If he showed contempt for Lucky, maybe after years of incompetence Lucky deserve some contempt. Sonny admitted to the entire staff at GH he shot Dante. Why hasn't Lucky arrested him? End of story.

• Members

Instead of the tedious gun show I was hoping Lucky would just burst into tears and start yelling dramatically and saying "Man, what did you do that for, man??", sort of the old JJ repertoire, back when Lucky was sometimes entertaining.

• Members

JJ's a good actor, in spite of his overused tics, but I'm sick of the propping and the show's idea of what is supposed to make us love Lucky again. So many of his scenes are so forced and not what actually fits best for the character. I groaned during those scenes with Johnny (Guza probably did too, for a different reason). The whole thing was what they did in the past to demonize people who didn't worship Jason or Sonny. When the scenes are badly written, as many of them are, I just end up remembering the last time Guza wrote for JJ's Lucky, when Lucky was at least somewhat human and JJ was more suited to the role. Now he's like this overgrown teen with pasted on facial hair. A bitter Archie Comics character.

• Members

Haha I agree.

I like Lucky a million times better now than I did before. I mean, I liked Greg Vaughan, but the writing for him was HORRIBLE. At lease Lucky isn't such a pu$$y anymore.

Wow, I probably seem like a freak, but today when Elizabeth said "Should I just wait to here for you to set up a visit, or something?" it really just made me feel a glimmer of hope/sympathy for her. I dont know why, but something about that comment just had me flashing back to the old Lucky and Liz, back when Liz used to cry to Lucky when things went bad....And it just made it even more tragic to me now how they have changed her.

I think Becky Herbst has been really good throughout this whole thing. And if she has a mental breakdown, which I heard she does, I think she will be pretty brilliant in that.

• Members

I didn't even notice he did that. But it never even occurred to me watching the scene that I was supposed to feel more for Lucky than for Johnny. Lucky was an ass toward Coleman first, and Johnny has good cause to rail against the injustice of his sister's murder going unsolved while a solved attempted murder goes unpunished. Lucky is just another boob cop, Barney Fife, he has no business solving crossword puzzles, let alone cases. If Johnny spit on him, in his drink, or urinated on his shoe, I would think "Rude, but totally understandable."

• Members

I completely agree.

I think the PCPD should just instead be called the "Port Charlts (Mob Tolerant) Police Department"

Either everything Sonny/Jason does is overlooked, or effed up by a stupid fricking cop, or they get off on a tainted jury.

Which is one of the reasons I absolutely hate when they have written characters off by saying they "went to jail", simply because of the fact that we all know nobody REALLY cause to jail in Port Charles.

Archived