Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

10 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Another GL Reunion Alert!!!

Alan Locher will welcome GUIDING LIGHT alums Jay Hammer (ex-Fletcher) and Susan Pratt (ex-Claire) to his YouTube show, The Locher Room. The actors will take part in a live interview on Wednesday, September 30 at 4:30 p.m. ET, 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-reunion-scheduled-6/

Two of my favorites! I'm sure Alan won't remember Jay was on the Jefferson's! I'd love some tea about his time on the show besides GL.

Alan has the link up already.

55 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Two of my favorites! I'm sure Alan won't remember Jay was on the Jefferson's! I'd love some tea about his time on the show besides GL.

Alan has the link up already.

They should have brought Pratt back in 95 after Fletch married Holly. She could have tried to mother Chelle, caused problems for Ed, and had a triangle with Fletch and Holly..maybe hooked up with Roger to bug Ed...she could have tied all those storylines together and we would have skipped baby Meg, and Roger and the screeching Dinah.

Were any mother figures left on GL by '95? Nessa was there but the show seemed more interested in promoting her as a "cougar". Lillian? Uh, no. I can't think of anyone at this point. Bringing back Susan would have been a good time to do so with that vacuum. All Michelle had was an odd assortment of would be surrogate mother types on the canvas anyway.

I always thought Claire should of returned after Eve had passed away in 1995...and we could have gotten some good drama out of Ed/Holly/Fletcher reacting to Claire while Michelle is naturally guarded about Claire for numerous reasons.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:11 PM, victoria foxton said:

This one went well lol. No, seriously it did lol. No major technical glitches. Carl was carrying the conversation nicely.   Some nice insights. 

I haven’t watched the Robert Newman one yet.

11 hours ago, Asb23 said:

This one went well lol. No, seriously it did lol. No major technical glitches. Carl was carrying the conversation nicely.   Some nice insights. 

I haven’t watched the Robert Newman one yet.

Carl was very nice to him. SP can be all over the place. Which creates a very awkward vibe. The trick is to carry the conversation. Those are the best interviews. Carl looks great. 

I agree. The actors really need to be up for the task at hand (a task they probably are unaware they need to be ready for to that degree lol).

Sometimes I watch nervously half expecting the guest to lose it on him.

I want to give SP some tips and tricks about these virtual interviews. Does he not have the ability to share his screen? Why with the phone  holding  to show a clip?

Do a sound check before going live with the guest.

Check you lighting and angles.

Basic things I know I’ve learned over the last 6 months lol.

Nonethless, I’m glad he is somehow scoring these interviews. 

@Asb23 I think SP might on the spectrum. And unlike Alan. SP is a true fan. Who gets nervous around all the actors. Where Alan worked with many actors. Doing PR (As she constantly reminds us 🙄). In a way i like the amateurish quality to an extend. But don't see either SP or Alan's interviewing skills ever improving. It's fun to see actors. Many who have been very sweet and gracious. Because being interviewed by either one takes real patience.

Edited by victoria foxton

3 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

*That’s* a good group. I want to hear how Gilly/Alan-Michael was killed.

The reunion news was posted on social media and that's what fans want to know.