Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So another one we can blame on Buzz/JD!! Not that I liked Fletcher any better but he was tied to the Bauers and around a long time so I was used to being annoyed by him. Maybe it was when GL started budget cuts and it was up to Deas and Jay..Deas has to thank his lucky stars that somehow the soap industry thinks spitting, arm flapping and yelling are signs of great acting!

Jeff Ryder was unmemorable.
I didn't mind Fletcher. I could never stand Buzzard.
Jay spoke the truth. It's so weird that Alan gets pissed when actors call out bs. 
Plus Jay always had good chemistry with his leading ladies.
Even super BLAND Maeve.
He also had good friendship chemistry with everybody. 
I even liked the bond and light flirtation between Fletcher and a butch Hilary.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

1986 was a bad year for GL. I know Jeff Ryder went on to teach classes at University of the Arts in Philadelphia and later became a dean there. He's retired now. I took writing class on Cape Cod in 2005 and the late Harry Eggart was in the class. What an amazing writer. It's a shame he never wrote for GL. The instructor and I were huge GL fans and had a blast talking about Nola, Kelly, Quint, and Charita Bauer. Harry was really proud about producing a memorial to Charita and was hugely disappointed with the direction GL had taken. I think he mentioned that Quint McCord's Thornway Road house was inspired by his own home or a home owned by someone on the production staff. He was a warm and delightful man to chat with.

• Members

It was really amazing. The instructor was William J. Mann, a fiction writer who later wrote biographies of Barbra Streisand, Katherine Hepburn, and Elizabeth Taylor. During class breaks, Bill and I would chat with Harry about GL. He was writing a murder mystery novel set behind the scenes at a soap opera. I'm not sure if he ever finished it.

• Members

The Claire and Ed ONS wasn't a bad idea..both came together in grief so it made sense in a way.  Even Claire becoming pregnant made sense storywise..and could have been milked for years.  

Didn't the show explain Claire's change in 1986 via a medical issue?