Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I was thinking she is the modern day Karen lol

She did seem to have better time at AMC (even Genie Francis liked it at AMC better than at DAYS or GH).  Maybe her Megan dislike also stems from AMC in addition to GL?  

I think Pam Long was more of a collaborative head writer than an iron fist one.  She had great people under her...and even Curlee said she was a good head writer..and collobative.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That part did make me think that she has 'Karen-esque' tendencies

Please register in order to view this content

Still, she spoke many truths and didn't hold back and I wish more would do this. P&G has shown that they don't care about the legacy of their shows, why protect P&G's "reputation"? For what??

What is the purpose of appearing on these shows if you're not going to be honest about your experience, good and bad?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes, I dont get Alan's reluctance to let the actors say what they will. I know he doesnt want to get a reputation as a p.r. guy who then bad mouth's his former employers, but having actors recount their own experiences in not the same thing.

God, I would love for someone to have JFP do one of these, Gail Kobe,  and of course, Curlee and Long. The Dobsons are still kicking around arent they...would love to hear what crazy ass Bridget would say.

• Members

She does look a lot like Janet Grey.

Being back at work means a lot less time to watch old soaps. I really spoiled myself this spring/summer. I finished all of what's available from 1979, and it seems like things get pretty choppy trying to piece together mostly consecutive episodes from 1980-1981. I'm committed, though, because I really need to see the Dobson-Marland transition.