Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I'm completing a binge watch of 1998 (a terrible year, by the way. Once Cynthia Watros left, things got really weird) and I'm annoyed by all the love triangles focused on a man.

- Harley/Phillip/Beth

- Drew/Jessie/Michelle

- Reva/Josh/Annie

- Cassie/Hart/Dinah

- Vanessa/Matt/Beth

- Jenna/Buzz/Selena (looks like this is coming)

I'm sure I've left some out. The only women on this show who seem to have been at the center of a triangle that I can recall are Blake (between Ross and Ben) and Holly (between Roger and Fletcher - who took her baby and left). Something in that Norris blood, perhaps?

Sean (dude from the island) digs Reva, but she's not having it, so there's no real triangle there (as of the November episodes I'm viewing).

I'm surprised to see that I'm not hating Signy Coleman as much as I thought I would. She's not Watros or Annie, but she's entertained me a few times. While I like Reva most of the time, I don't mind watching others get over on her now and again. The show often had her win too easily for my tastes.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think they are often still worth watching, and I’m thankful he started this series. He gets good people, and it’s wonderful to take this walk down memory lane. But it’s indeed frustrating to see him so often get in his own way and also not adjust his approach. He’s not very intuitive about when to interject with comments from the audience and when to let things flow, almost like he’s not very present or even really listening. Sometimes I feel like he’s uncomfortable not contributing to the conversation when it’s like, hey, we’re glad you organized this, now just take a backseat and let your participants chat amongst themselves sometimes. We’re here for them, not you.

• Members

I agree. I’m so happy he is doing these that I can overlook the not-so-great interview skills. I was watching  an episode from 1992 last night and counting how many actors from then he has brought on to his reunions and it was practically everyone who is still alive. I think it’s so great and thanks to him, I’m reinvested in a soap I watched 30 years ago.

I do wish he’d let them drive the conversation though (and come up with some new questions).

Edited by Asb23

• Members

Bwhahaha...that pictue is so 1984 and I cant make fun of him as I laugh at my own pics from that time.

I do love these reunions of all the actors without makeup or lighting...aging hits all of us.

What is seen can not be unseen..thanks for that thought!