Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They both look great...I remember in college thinking he was the shits...he looks like he aged naturally and he comes off so calm and "normal"  Krista is so sweet and she is a calmer Mindy.

Just watched the Jay and Susan reunion..holy [!@#$%^&*] that woman is great! Jay was trying to be polite and would talk over her...(something he did as Fletch all the time that was annoying..) to interrupt and Ms. Susan would not let it go! She looks like she would be a fun neighbor..ready to have a few drinks and let it fly!I hope McTavish never bumps into her..Megan is going to be missing some hair!

I did like that she was alluding to GL going into a dark time with those two characters, but it was really the whole show that was going dark..and going into a very bad period..she was kind of alluding to it and trying to find out who was responsible but kept being derailed. Its interesting that even the actors were mystified what was going on.

I forgot about Jay and Pam and he writing for the show. He was a lucky man, Long is a beautiful smart woman and she looks like the type who would not take anyone's crap so he must be a nice guy. I like that he says she was always late .."and still is!"

• Members

I will still like to know why P & G and CBS allowed a change of tone to happen. It started earlier in the fall of 84 and into 85 with Beruit thing and the Bauers and Reardons being obscured. The show was getting great ratings and then the floor fell out.

I would love to see Susan pop up on all of Alan's videos, just for him to get that sour poo face he does when things go a bit off the rails..(she even says to him "Oh I know that you CAN'T say anything") Her face could pop up in a bubble, like Tabitha would on Passion's to make rude comments about what was going on..."So I had to reach deep down inside myself to find the anger to play that"...Susan in a pop up bubble, "Was it McTavish, who wrote it???? Was Frank the grip guy on set..he was all kinds of handsy and his breathe always smelled like onions..")

I forgot to mention Jay seeming to be dismayed with working with Marj after Bev. Her nervous stuttering made her the Eileen Fulton of GL and was totally wrong for iron willed Alex.

Edited by Mitch