Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Yes, so happy that Judi is looking well and hope she continues to improve.

It’s so funny: I find Vincent so endearing in interviews (love the beard) yet so off-putting in his roles. I’d love to see him play something very light and not smug and/or supercilious.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Both Judi and Vincent seemed genuinely grateful for the reception from the fans over the years. It was entertaining and heartfelt. I liked how at times, both actors gently but firmly steered the conversation, so they wouldn't be rushed, as Alan can sometimes switch to other topics rather quickly.

Did my ears deceive me, or did Alan sort of imply that there was something focusing on Beverly McKinsey down the road? Perhaps her son will be a future guest?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

During the livestream, it struck me that Irizarry seems like one of the few actors to emerge from the TOLN soaps, AMC 2.0 experience not embittered by how things turned out. In fact, he seemed open to the possibility of another reboot.

He seemed sanguine about the way the PP ended but was candid about being open to another try.

He seems to be getting steady work, so I don't think that this was desperation.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Why are they showing Peter Simon in the intro with Van Fleet already place? Lazy!

Never liked Hillary but she was a Bauer...they didn't even need to kill her just have the bomb put her in a coma and when she wakes up she is recast.

I looks like they were burying her in the BH side yard! 

• Members

Oh dear.

It has been brought to my attention that I am contributing to the destruction of these forums. Without even realizing it, I am inflicting unbearable suffering onto certain members when referring to my favorite soap by its original (and grammatically-correct) name, which it only used for a mere 40+ years: THE Guiding Light.

Gentle readers apparently cannot withstand being cruelly confronted by the article THE. Indeed, it's being said that so many people have fled the boards over this and similar egregious crimes, only eight posters remain.

Who knew?

I'd like to make up for the anguish I have heaped upon those whose sensibilities have been wounded by the correct use of an article. I'll be happy to donate to a charity chosen by the injured parties. Perhaps Soap Fans for the Promotion of Illiteracy (an offshoot of Melania's Be Best campaign).

As well, I am being criticized for continuing to post here even though I have (allegedly) not watched soaps "since the 1970s." In my defense, I have never once made such a claim. I freely admit that the last time I enjoyed certain soaps was in the '70s, before the sci-fi craze took over, but I continued to watch ATWT and TGL (dear God in heaven, I cannot control myself!) until the bitter end. I suppose I should not be too hard on my critics for getting confused, however.

Reading-comprehension is not for everyone.

To those whom I offended, my deepest apologies.

Please register in order to view this content