Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

All this THE Guiding Light talk just reminds me of JFP, in multiple interviews, trying to push One Life as a talking point, instead of One Life to Live.  She tried so hard for about 6 months worth of interviews between two sweeps periods to get the soap press and fans used to it now being just One Life cuz that was so much more hip!

I think the same thing happened at Another World, she kept calling it AW, or am I remembering that one incorrectly?

What a waste these people were to the genre.  For all his faults, and I am truly not much of a fan, Reilly was the only one bringing in loads of younger viewers.  And he did it the old fashioned way- he used vets, love triangles and slow moving stories that played every beat and had payoffs, he just told those stories in new and gothic ways.

What these shows needed was the tropes and types of stories daytime does well, focused on characters people liked, and told in new and interesting ways.  Instead we got a lot of hacks.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Brad showed tush on the Y&R primetime special, (which may have been broadcast in conjunction with that year's daytime emmys).

My memory of CBS's tush tour was that it was especially homoerotic because it was rarely organic (i.e. when else did Brad and Jack ever have a discussion while showering together at the gym?), and each scene always involved a tight shot of the butt and then a slow pan upward. 

• Members
I am still trying to find the scene with Marty West's butt.
These articles might help with clues:
What sex scene was variety talking about?
Here is a 2003 playlist
Here is a 2004 playlist

• Members

Daniel Cosgrove also appeared in a shower scene with Deborah Zoe’s Eden. The glass shower was frosted but you could see he backside. 

This was all around February 2004 when there was the incident at the Super Bowl with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. Conboy was gored about this time.