Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Random question:

After Harley returned in 1997, did she and Marah ever share any scenes together from then until the end of the show?

I mostly stopped watching in 93 but have been watching episodes on YouTube and started wondering if, after the tight bond they shared (under Ashley Peldon’s tenure), if it was every touched upon again.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, it makes sense to some degree. Young people are known to have an aversion to articles.

Please register in order to view this content

Don't let the trolls get you down, vetsoapfan!  Whoever is attacking you for preferring the best years of a genre or show is probably the type of person who considers Ellen Wheeler a visionary. Not worth getting upset about. 

• Members

Interesting how quick the cuts are between scenes in that episode. Those were some skilled editors. Having edited film and video on analog equipment, I can say that, unless you really know what you're doing, it can be an arduous task and a slow-going one. And at the rate these scenes were shot, edits had to be done at a pretty brisk pace. Today's soaps don't even do this and they have the advantage of using digital equipment, far easier to maneuver.

• Members

Thank you, Sweetie!

I am not disturbed in the least by the criticism. I fact, it gave me the biggest laugh I have had since this awful pandemic began. 

Go for it!

While I am always interested in hearing various points of view, I admit that it always baffles me when people praise certain writers and producers to the sky, when I, personally, find them to be soap killers. Yikes!

Well, by giving me a good belly laugh, he at least served a useful social purpose!

Thank you for the kind words. Your check is in the mail. 

Actually, that's a good point. Long after the name change, the announcer would still introduce the show using the article: "And now....THE Guiding Light!" I don't remember when that was discontinued.

• Members

Fletcher and Claire would good together...now I realize what Susan was saying in them ruining them.  They could have still done the dumb Ed/Claire thing and had her preggers but why they made her a crazy bitch??? I also hate the Rick/Mindy thing...they were good together and Mindy changed during NY and they have her being a bitch to be spoiler with dimmie Roxie and Rick acting sanctimonious ...(O'leary always came off as an ass when he did that...) I was in college to at this time and no rich girl would wear a fur to class!!! I love the soap opera thing of someone doing something in real life which is irresponsible and get them fired...(like just leaving their job) and the writers acting like they are the victim. This was the beggining of the bad era of GL..you can see the transitioning happening here.