Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love KT as Mindy but she just never aged..physically (good for you KT) or mentally as a character..(When she came back  and  JC's Alex had compromising pictures of her all I could see was her being rude to a sales girl..now Sims I could see in some pics.) I was a big Rick and Mindy fan and they should have been end game but earlier then the last episode.. I would have had them get together after Abby left instead of boring Mel and they could have been the nice kind of normal non drama couple in town.

Butch Hillary HAHAHAHA

Fletch got annoying in later years with Holly when he was walking all over her lines. However, he worked where Buzz didn't as a guy not in the core families but connected to them all. McTrash shoulda killed Buzzard for her start of the Marion story, that would have had the soap press in a tizzy "Acting LEGEND Deas let go"

Edited by Mitch

• Members

From what I recall, it was someone in the chat that suggested that it was McTavish. Susan asked, demanded to know who wrote her final storyline. She asked Jay and he said he didn't know. Someone in the chat asked about McTavish and Susan said that she believed that McTavish didn't like to write for a woman. 

• Members

Thanks, @DramatistDreamer.  That makes more sense.  Like I said, I believe Megan McTavish was on the writing staff, but not in any position to dictate story.

And I'm sure Susan Pratt knows whereof she speaks about McTavish, too, given that she had to work under her pen at AMC as well as at GL.

I miss when soaps were this adult.  When you really felt chemistry between people.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I can believe Pratt about McTrash. McTrash clearly hated women, that was all over her writing. Even in her 'glory' days on AMC. I feel like a lot of women who write for soaps have misogyny in their writing. Sadly. But then again, gay men write couples having Knots Landing marathons so ... but I blame that a bit more on the pearl clutchers behind the scenes 

I also miss when soaps were ADULT and written smartly. I see so many couples that stans fawn over and see NO chemistry or heat. Soaps are beyond hollow now, it's really sad. They don't have to be. 

Heaven forbid a soap is progressive. I hate a lot of the dark and dreary and sensationalistic plots from the UK soaps but man even at their worst they're still years ahead and allowed to tell stories that the US soaps would NEVER. They're so afraid of turning off the pearl clutchers.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

LOL..okay, I am beating a dead horse...

I guess I should have hung it up after I (supposedly) made Frankie D's wife cry about what I had to say about the Coopers.

I remember not believing how much misogyny was in Westen's writing...she was an older woman..and she has Cassie screwing the man who tired to kill her sister and her nephew, Reva supporting it, Jeffery O'Neil acting like a woman hating ass and it was supposed to be HOT..The Garden of Eden plot line where Marina, who at that time was a tough cookie, had to be saved of course by little twink Shayne...and the worst, Alex turned from the savy Joan Collins ball buster, into a drug dealing woman in bed with the mob who drugged her own brother (instead of using her brains to keep her power) who ultimately was beat by something stupid (a camera she would have know about) and forced to whimper while Alan gloated..then became this annoying shrew that no wanted to be around.

It was only for a min. It was actual a pretty good interview. Maureen threw shade at the  Nursery Rhyme stalker story. Amelia did the same with Gilly unknowingly almost sleeping with her bio dad. Maureen spoke about coming out. Amelia shared a story of her son being racial profiled. Rick looked adorable in his apron. They all shared memories of Michael.

Edited by victoria foxton