Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Holly becoming the Nursery rhyme stalker kind of made sense..had the writers looked at her history..it made sense.

Abandoned by her dad as a baby, never really dealt with that trauma hence why she was not an effective mom, plus was raped by a man she did love, felt guilt for loving her rapist, than thought she got a 2nd chance at motherhood..and when she blew it...she lost both her husband and daughter....so she snapped.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agreed..plus she looked sexy as hell in that leather. Too bad the whole thing was so stupid..but that was a hallmark of Rauch/BE..there was a good storyline hiding in there somewhere but it becomes cartoony and over the top.  If they kept it like Sayers "Gaudy Night" where there are letters going around accusing, threatening and an "accident" or two to keep it interesting...and pitting everyone in. town against each other with suspicions..while Holly sat back and watched.  But that may have been too subtle for the GL audience at that time which must have been primed for a the mob and a dumb island.

• Members

Another GL Reunion Alert!!!

Alan Locher will welcome GUIDING LIGHT alums Jay Hammer (ex-Fletcher) and Susan Pratt (ex-Claire) to his YouTube show, The Locher Room. The actors will take part in a live interview on Wednesday, September 30 at 4:30 p.m. ET, 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-reunion-scheduled-6/

• Members

They should have brought Pratt back in 95 after Fletch married Holly. She could have tried to mother Chelle, caused problems for Ed, and had a triangle with Fletch and Holly..maybe hooked up with Roger to bug Ed...she could have tied all those storylines together and we would have skipped baby Meg, and Roger and the screeching Dinah.

• Members

Were any mother figures left on GL by '95? Nessa was there but the show seemed more interested in promoting her as a "cougar". Lillian? Uh, no. I can't think of anyone at this point. Bringing back Susan would have been a good time to do so with that vacuum. All Michelle had was an odd assortment of would be surrogate mother types on the canvas anyway.

• Members

I agree. The actors really need to be up for the task at hand (a task they probably are unaware they need to be ready for to that degree lol).

Sometimes I watch nervously half expecting the guest to lose it on him.

I want to give SP some tips and tricks about these virtual interviews. Does he not have the ability to share his screen? Why with the phone  holding  to show a clip?

Do a sound check before going live with the guest.

Check you lighting and angles.

Basic things I know I’ve learned over the last 6 months lol.

Nonethless, I’m glad he is somehow scoring these interviews. 

@Asb23 I think SP might on the spectrum. And unlike Alan. SP is a true fan. Who gets nervous around all the actors. Where Alan worked with many actors. Doing PR (As she constantly reminds us

Please register in order to view this content

). In a way i like the amateurish quality to an extend. But don't see either SP or Alan's interviewing skills ever improving. It's fun to see actors. Many who have been very sweet and gracious. Because being interviewed by either one takes real patience.

Edited by victoria foxton