Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Administrator

Yeah, SH just rocks. I'm really enjoying the church scenes because of DD and SH's acting. I'm also loving the dark background music for their scenes. Thursday's church scenes are pretty good too especially the end.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved today's - I almost feel apologetic for saying it - but I did. When Paul introduced Heather to Patty....chills. i'll say this watching Paul defend his sister to the world is so deeply moving to me. But....who the hell is Aunt Jane???? Has anyone ever heard of Aunt Jane? I guess it would make Paul too stupid if his mother's name was Mary Jane Williams, but...Aunt Jane? Somebody tell me if there's a real aunt Jane - please! LOL!

I must admit, i haven't been this excited about an episode in a while. Though I still don't buy Jill working as a manicurist. And doesn't Kay know Jill lost all her money? They had a conversation about it a month or two ago. Working some extra shifts is gonna get her the $100k for the prop taxes - ha! and i don't mind Gloria and Jeffrey as the desperate grifters and now including the deposed Jill.

Billy doesn't sign the papers? Not sure if that made any sense cause Mac's all he can think about. Why doesn't this show do messy divorces? I would really like to see a messy, contentious divorce on a soap. Every divorce as of late has been so peaceful. Jill and John's divorce was the best I've ever seen. Victor and Nikki's last one wasn't bad but i want it in a damn courtroom.

But my biggest question? WHY ISN'T PATTY TELLING PAUL THE TRUTH ABOUT VICTOR!?? Why in hell is she protecting him? But I still loved today's episode. Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Members

Isn't she just amazing? Love how they're making her go back to her church roots. Makes perfect sense. Do u sense they're alluding something to what happened to Patty since she left? Paul keeps saying how beautiful she was with her former face...but she demurs.

• Administrator

Me too. I love seeing Paul like this.

I haven't been this excited in a while too. They better keep up the episode continuation with the Patty story. I know the story is on Friday's ep and if it ends on a cliffhanger again, they better follow it up in Monday's episode! :angry:

I didn't get that either, but maybe we'll find out later.

• Members

So did Paul mention his their mom, Mary Williams and where she is at?? I think I heard of a mention of Carl Williams, their dad. Toups, you know Bell isnt going to follow up on her cliffhanger with Patty on Monday. The beyotch has disappointed me too many times with cliffhangers to believe she well follow through.

• Members

I loved the lady who played Mary - but a recast (a fierce one) would've been ok by me, Rux. I need to see Mary's reaction to her only daughter's new face and how crazy she is. And i could've sworn i saw some Soap-in-Depth commercial that had the original actress on the set with DD and SH so I'm still holding out hope. They keep referring to Mary as "tired" and "slow" so perhaps they're preparing us for a different kind of Mary. At this point I'd cast the woman who played Sheila's mother and be done with it cause I need to see me some Mary!

The writers chose to make the mystery woman Patty - not ME - so if she's part of the Williams' clan you better have at least - AT LEAST - Mary. Preferably Carl too, but I know it's lean times! LOL! And no - Father Todd, cool as he is, doesn't cut it!

• Members

It would be great to see Mary. DD/SH are doing such a great job the last couple days. I'm looking forward to seeing today's show just because of them.

Did I see some conflict with Heather yesterday or was I imaging things? When she was outside the church with Chance, I think she was (for once) having some doubts about which side she's on. Hmmmm.

• Members

This Gloria/Jill crap is ridiculous, and now I see why they were so hesitant about re-signing Jess Walton. They have no idea what to do with the Jill character, they hate her, and that's why she's grouped in with lame and useless people like Gloria. Poor Jess Walton, she deserves better than this hack writing, much better.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this Paul defending Patty Jane act, even if she's his sister. When Paul was going on and on about how Patty Jane just needed help and not an arrest or whatever, I just rolled my eyes. Is this their way of trying to drum up sympathy for this one-note psycho? It's not working for me, because I couldn't care less. Maybe they should have thought more about making her sympathetic when she intentionally hurt a girl she knew had peanut allergies, before she raped Jack, and before she killed an innocent dog. All the rationalizing in the world from Paul isn't going to save how botched this character and storyline have become.

Yes, Davidson and Haiduk are good actors, but that doesn't take away from how awful this storyline has become and how botched the Patty Jane character has become.

Oh and this Patty Jane reign of terror is far from over if Fall previews are to be believed...

Chance as one of the lead officers in an operation like this is ridiculous. He hasn't even been on the force for a month yet.

I hate how sleazy, cheap, crime ridden, and one dimensional this show has become. Honestly, I'm seeing no different between LML's Y&R and this current regime's show right now...

• Members

They have such contempt for Jill, it can be shocking sometimes. I know LML had no love for Jill but at least Jill got to have a son, and she had a love story, even if that love story was almost entirely offcamera. With this group, Jill gets nothing but degradation. We are supposed to see her as pathetic. I think MAB's Katherine love blinds her to any shades in Jill and everyone else in charge probably just sees her as a middle-aged bore they can make fun of, especially since they have enjoyed making fun of or degrading older women on their other shows (Rauch with Vanessa on GL; Sheffer with Barbara on ATWT).

• Members

Yes, she definitely deserves better. Why they are reverting back to having her in the Baldwin's orbit is beyond comprehension. I would have like (I think Carl said something about this) to see her wooing some studly widower. Besides, theres TONS of story for Jill already on the canvas. She has Nina, Phillip, Billy, Katherine - all people that she could have story with. PLEASE get her away from GloHo.

Understood and the regarding the last line - Jeez Louise! :rolleyes:

Com'on now. He was an MP in the Iraq war! Cut him a break! :P

Ouch.

On another note - I forgot to mention how NICE it was yesterday for someone to actually start worrying about Nikki. I guess Nick is too busy with Phyllis' velvet glove to be worried about his Momma. <end sarcasm>

Seriously, Victoria's concern for her came out of left field and not very genuine at all. If she was worried, she should have left town the next day looking for her. Instead, her and Nick practically shrugged their shoulders when Victor said she had taken off. And how in the hell did she find out that Nikki hasn't used her credit cards?!?!?! The credit card company isn't going to tell anyone this. Ugh.

• Members

I was going to come in here to post about Wednesday's episode. Then I forgot what happened. Except to say that what a shame Doug Davidson is giving the performance of his career on such an increasingly forgetable show.

• Members

Oh, this Billy crap is just stupid. All of his marriage to Chloe he's been treating her like crap and has hardly ever spent much time with Delia. Now we're supposed to believe he's conflicted about this divorce when he wanted it from day one? This is just their way of trying to make people feel sorry for this hack writing regime's golden boy Billy. It just doesn't add up. And what excuse is that Chloe is making this divorce thing too easy? If he was so unhappy with this marriage he should be pleased she's letting him go with very little legal proceedings.

Chloe (on Chance): He's a nice guy, but there's NOTHING there.

How true. What was the point of brining back Phillip IV if he was just going to be an insta-cop and a third wheel to Billy and Chloe? They haven't properly developed this character yet, and they aren't even trying. All we know is that he's such a nice guy. :rolleyes:

This Lily Cane crap is way too sappy, boring, and mundane to me. The cancer storyline might have started out strong with all the Winters invovled, but now its so isolated, lame, cheesy, and chemistry-less. I have to laugh at Goddard's fake puppy dog eyes when he looks at Lily. God, that couple just sucks.

Oh and more about Paul telling the cops that he will take care of Patty and that she doesn't need prison or a nuthouse.

OK Paul, then maybe it's time someone let Isabella out of the nuthouse she's been in over the past couple of years. I mean, all she needs is love right and that will wash away her mental illness!

Oh, and now Jeffrey and Gloria are magically grouped into this Patty Jane/Paul storyline. :rolleyes: These characters are useless, they need to be written out. They only insert them into everything because they don't know what to do with them.

Archived