Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Members

If anyone is going to make Adam pay it's going to be Victor. Even if he treats his women like crap and lets horrible things happen to them, he'll always be forgiving because he gets them out of trouble the women themselves can't get out of.

The only reason they had Abby sudden like her 'bio dad' (remember the text she send Victor) over Brad was because they were killing him off. Did she even really mourn Brad. I think Brad would have been a much better fourth wheel in the quad instead of Jack. Abby is supposed to be a mixture of Brittany Hodges and Blair Waldorf, I think that was what they were going for. Noah is suppose to Billy and Eden is suppose to be Mac. If Kyle and Ricky were here they would be JT and Raul respectively.

I liked Ashley in the Jabot takeover scenes when she pretty much told Billy to sit his ass down. She was going to be CEO and not him.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still don't get why they had to write Abby in such a fashion. It brings nothing to the character, does not seem like her or any of her parents, and makes her look like a complete moron. The entire Newman family is made up of fools now. I can't believe they have not given away all their money to a Nigerian e-mail scam.

• Members

Then how about a thrilling story where the Newmans lose all their money through art forgeries. The forger is none other than Victor's long-lost brother Matt, now played by star of My Two Dads, Greg Evigan. Matt is also Adam's long-lost father, and in a cruel twist of fate, we learn he is deaf, so Adam will now be going deaf and blind. Adam uses his evil sign language skills to redirect traffic so that a huge mack truck plows into the church during the Shick wedding. Fortunately, the ghost of Cassie helps out and the truck only kills Lauren, Jill, and Paul.

• Members

Today's episode is just eye roll worthy.

These Sharon and Phyllis scenes are so redundant. How many times have we seen scenes like this between these two women this year? It's so degrading, instead of blaming Nick, they blame each other for being so stupid and living to "win" Nick. This inane quad really drags this show down, but then again, so do most of these storylines that this idiot writing regime thinks are interesting.

God, this gaslighting mess is a trainwreck. Adam needs to go, this is another storyline that's running around in circles. Maria and her band of hacks think prolonging things and running around in circles will persuade people that she's using Bill Bell "pacing." But for as slow as Bell's pacing was, he played every damn beat in his stories and something new or a riveting piece of information was exposed throughout his stories. I'm so ready for the "Who Killed Adam" murder mystery to happen. Even though I'm against another death, but at this point, I see no long-term potential for this character. I remember how people were defending this nonsense a few months back, I always knew this storyline would be a lot more damage to these characters.

This Patty Jane/Paul stuff was horrendously and stupidly botched. Not only did they not follow up on their Friday cliffhanger yesterday. But in today's episode, Patty Jane and Paul are already out of the GCAC and in a different scene. Don't these idiot writers know how to keep any momentum going? No wonder everything feels so hollow and lacking in substance on this show. I found the Patty Jane/Paul stuff hilariously campy. Once again, it left me cold.

• Members

I kind of like her in a weird way. "So I won't bother her to go shopping with me". As Cat(I think) pointed out, she's Blair from "Clueless" and a kinda cool diversion once in awhile. Let's face it, it's not like the character is carrying any major story and it doesn't look like she will in the near future. So for now, this is her "niche" and it doesn't bother me one bit.

They never even fully explained why Phyllis had to go see her anyway. We haven't seen much of 'ol insecure Phyl since her and Nick had thier ceremony, so this kinda came from out of the blue. She didn't seem to question the paternity of the baby a month ago, and why now? Simply because Jack hasn't come to see her? Weak foundation to go snooping around when she was so content just a day ago.

All it did for me was remind me that the Jack that has been written of late as so obsessed with Sharon and babies, isn't REALLY Jack anyway. Just MAB's twisted version.

I actually enjoyed most of the show today until the end. Ashley asking Adam to hold her until she goes to sleep was just :wacko::mad: What a sickening scene as the lights went dim today. What's left of Ashley's balls have obviously shriveled up and fallen off. And MM's Adam....ugh. A few minutes ago, he's smirking as Jack leaves the Ranch, and then he goes up to Ashley's room for THIS?!??!?!? :mad: Yucky.

I liked the Patty/Paul stuff. SH is awesome no matter how mangled the character.

• Members

Do you think the show would allow Ashley to choose her family over Victor? Even if they did we all know that Victor won't lose. After everything that Mary Jane has done, Victor should be the parriah of the town. I'm sure he's going to find a way to pin it all on Jack and he once agian will be the loser.

• Members

I guess it bothers me because her life over the past year has fallen apart. The man who she saw as her father for many years was suddenly killed. She has had to move to the ranch and she now has no real relationships with anyone. Her mother is pregnant with what she is calling her great miracle baby, and is also losing her mind. She's sharing the ranch with her ex-con brother, who is very creepy. This should all unsettle her, but instead she's shallow as can be and grins her way through a funeral. I don't mind if she is vapid on the surface and troubled inside, but instead she's just this poorly acted cipher. It shouldn't be that hard to give her layers. I haven't watched Gossip Girl often, but Facts of Life gave their Blair far more layers than Abby has, and that was supposed to just be a sitcom. Cher in Clueless also had more layers.

• Members

Patty and Paul. They make a great brother-sister duo. No subtle sexual tension, just familial bonding. I do hope Patty's hair goes back to dark eventually.

Vail Bloom makes a good avenging angel. Looks like they're doing chemistry tests with her and just about every guy on the show.

Goodness - MM just isn't playing any heart or trueness, which is disappointing. He's good at being bad, but his delivery and reactions are always so one-note and hollow.

• Members

I liked this episode more than most. It was a huge plot rush still (Paul and Patty on the lam, Phyllis putting the pieces together, Ashley defeating the doc), but there was much to admire.

Doug did everything he could with the moments. Because we haven't really seen these two as bro-sis, it doesn't feel very emotionally rich yet. But they can build this going forward, if they want.

I enjoyed Eileen's many-layered performance today. I love that Adam's voice is a beacon for her mental health. Now, I realize the story is that he's telling her how to APPEAR healthy...but the truth is, what he counseled her was good behavior management. Ironically, he's helping her back. I very much enjoy her chemistry with him. While I felt Victor's "he's family!" was laying it on a bit thick, I see real future potential here.

Michael Muhney is a wise-ass. That comes across with Adam. Except for twitchy eyes, he doesn't play much subtext. So, we don't get much depth. I think he _can_ bring it, and I look forward to the day he does. But Muhney is physically a perfect match with Braeden, and the fact that he likes to talk German and play soccer on the weekends means that I'll bet Muhney-Braeden are bonding like gangbusters. That will pay off downstream on the show, I think.

Phyllis ONLY shines in scenes with Jack, eh? Interesting....

At least tomorrow we'll finally get the moment they planned when they made Jill a manicurist...Gloria! That'll be fun for a moment. But I really hope Jill gets her mojo back soon.

• Members

I love your posts Carl. Very much what I would write in a clearer, more succinct fashion.

I'm of the minority who actually enjoys Abby. And this is primarily because she didn't go through a character degradation as just about everyone else has. I'd rather have this vapid shell of a character always as so than have a passionate, full-bodied one become so.

In the grand scheme of things, both scenarios suck, of course. But I like knowing that when she walks into a scene, I know what's going to come out of her glossy lips. I find comfort in that certainty. Nearly everyone else is smoke and mirrors.

Archived