Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soapydoc, I'm with you all the way. Who TOLD that bitch to smile in that scene like she just got a new Mercedes for her birthday? But then again, theyr'e asking a valley princess to channel pathos. Pretty tall order. Just when I think she's progressing, she turns in a performance like that puts her right back at the starting gate. I don't know... maybe she'll do better later on, who knows. I hope we get alot of Davidson and Haiduk this week, I also want some CHANCELLOR action! I think I'll slit my wrists if the scoobies are on all 5 days AGAIN.

• Members

I thought CKLily did a great job in the hospital, but y'all are right on that scene. What made CK make that choice in her performance, and furthermore, why didn't the director step in and correct things?

The pacing is horrid. IA, alphan that 5 days of the Scoobies last week was too much. I'd be interested to see what it did to the ratings. Does anyone even care about that story? And now that the whole Amber/Daniel component to the story seems to have been for naught, WTF? And what the hell is Rauch doing, anyway? As the EP, shouldn't he have some input to the pacing of the stories? I guess I'm asking too much.

I'll keep watching, but it's definitely not must-see TV any longer. I'm so disappointed with the almost all of the stories - particularly Mary Jane, Ashley/Adam - that it's become BLAH to watch. Making Mary Jane a crazy bitch over a piece of ass she had 25 years ago is just ... :blink: She could have been so much more interesting/watchable/redeemable if TIIC would have made her a SMART, sane and revenge driven strong woman.

• Members

^ and I bet that's because Jeanne Cooper has pull with the Bells... as she should.

lol CKLily looks like a character in The Sims in this pic :P the bald ones have that shape of head.

She didn't shave her head, I heard, right?

• Members

Nick (to a reporter): Let me tell you something, this isn't some story for you and your hack cronies to titillate readers with.

Did the hack writers at this show acknowledge themselves there? You know, since Y&R is nothing but "shock" and "awe" with no depth or substances these days.

Nah, but it was worth posting!

I'm so over Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, and Jack. All of these characters need to be neutered and sent to outer-space. Not only are these character overexposed at this point, but they're just beyond damaged.

Today's episode was just crap, felt like the same crap we've been seeing for like a year already.

And for a woman that supposedly hates Sharon, Phyllis sure can't stop staying away from her. I f.ucking hate the giddy school girl act Michelle Stafford puts on when she's paired with Joshua Morrow. Ugh.

This show is such a damn chore to watch.

• Members

Eh, just riding it out I guess. We probably won't have a Y&R to watch in 5 years at this rate anyway...

Oh, and this Lily cancer storyline is officially over for me. I can't think of a sappier piece of sh!t I've ever seen. Like I really need to see Christel play the damn victim again. :rolleyes:

This cancer storyline doesn't work for me, it feels hallow and like cancer is almost an afterthought, if that makes sense. Weeks ago it was the only storyline with some emotional substance, now, it's just annoying and not appealing with any of the central characters invovled.

And it's worth repeating, they totally ignored their Friday cliffhanger and did no fallow-up on their Monday episode, which always tends to be Y&R's highest rated show. How dumb can these hack writers be? They're really screwing over this show and a lot of the fans.

• Members

Total and complete WORD on that! I've come to the conclusion that quads are just a bad idea all the way around. Nobody seems to like them, I remember when they did Lance/Lorie/Lucas/Leslie.... and Dru/Neil/Olivia/Malcolm. They just becaome so darn TEDIOUS. A trianlge works well, so it seems like the writers try to say, "WEll, if three is good, four is BETTER". And that just doesn't work too good.

• Members

This technically isn't a quad, as Sharon and Phyllis have no feelings for Jack. The problem is they have made Sharon and Phyllis so pathetic and their actions entirely driven by plot. Phyllis has lost all drive and purpose.

• Members

It's not just plot that is the problem. It's too obvious that all women need to be stupid and victims in order for their stories to work, with the exception of maybe a few, but they can work around that too.

Archived