Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't mean to pick on Abby or say she's the worst problem, I guess I just think this year has been very traumatic for her and I wish they had tried to show some of her emotions, although I know the actress couldn't pull it off anyway. I miss the normal soap kids we saw struggle, like Andy on ATWT, Michelle on GL.

• Members

The show is sick perveted trash. The last scene between Ashley and Adam told where this is going. Why did Adam stop Ashley from being taken away?? Wasn't that his purpose of driving her mad? Or does he just want to continue driving her more nuts than she already is?? Patty and Paul....geeesh....just bad. And I guess Sharon can leave her room anytime she wants. What a great place to keep nutjobs....LOL

• Members

We can't have normal soap kids on the show since we don't even have normal adults, normal teens, normal women... normal show. I feel so bad about it. I want to start watching again but it's getting worse then ever before.

It's bad, bad, bad... And it's got Hogie and Scottie written all over it, with a naive Maria just okaying everything. Ugh.

• Members

Yep and even when they try to be obviously trashy, they can't do it. LOL! So they're unintentionally trashy.

You'd need a writing regime that understands character motivation to get your answer. This writing team obviously doesn't know that...

Yep and what makes this misogynistic and badly plotted storyline even worse now is that Adam is intentionally mind raping Ashley in full mode now...

• Members

You got to wonder if ED is looking at DOOL with some nostalgia right about now. How strange that DOOL is a paragon of girl power compared to Y&R.

That's my suspicion, too, but are we being sexist if we see it this way? I am not sure which is worse. Either MAB is fully responsible for this misogynistic garbage and this is her vision or she's some weak-brained girl who is being led around by the nose by the Nasty Boys.

• Members

Even if this shite is coming from Sheffer or Hamner, MAB is ultimately responsible. How she can sit back and let them write this [!@#$%^&*] is beyond me.

ESPECIALLY that nightmare of a "story" between Ashley and Adam.

Not to mention Deacon's rape of Amber...

or Patty's evidently complete co-dependance on a man 25+ years removed from her life...

or Sharon's shoplifting to make up for her "true love" committing to another woman...

I wonder if HACKffer and HACKner get their rocks off writing stories of weak women, that have no identity outside of the men in their lives.

• Members

Chompers is our new Nick, with the bitterness and sarcasm lifted from Jack. He wants Mac. He wants Chloe. He really just wants both women to revolve around him, and why wouldn't they? He's such a catch. A walking STD pamphlet with a chip on his shoulder and bad mommy issues.

What they're doing with Jill continues to depress me. She continues to work at this nail job for no other reason than to be degraded, and now she apparently thinks she can pay off 100K in taxes by working extra shifts? Why do I get the sense that Hogan, Hamner, Rauch and MAB believe Jill only lasted in the business world because she was once married to John, not because of her own abilities? Today's version of Jill would have been on the breadline before she could say "Well, hello!" to her emory board.

I love Jess Walton but I almost wish Brenda Dickson had this story because it is such nonsense that she would make it extremely entertaining. She would act like she owned the place and at least then I could understand why Jill believes filing nails gets you hundreds of thousands of dollars.

• Members

How long is this Ashley/Adam thing suppose to last?

Amber is going to fall in love with Deacon right?

I thought Patty was just living her life with no intention of getting Jack then Victor came and persuaded her to do this.

Wasn't Sharon's shoplifting suppose to be about Brad and Cassie dying?

• Members

They write any man in a love triangle that way. Remember when Neil was in the love triangle with Karen and Tyra? I'm sure you don't because it was lame. He would tell Karen he loved her and he would get an ego boost from Tyra. That's why I was shocked when JT told Colleen that his wife and child came first. He even ended his friendship with her for his wife. I liked the character even more when he did that, just like I fell for Chance when he defended his grandmother from Billy.

Just be glad they don't have Jill beg Billy for money. (If they had I must have missed it).

Archived