Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they brought him back because they wanted to make Billy rivals with another one of his relatives. I think they believe this is great drama, brother against brother, Billy hurts Jack, Billy resents and hates Cane, Billy hates and resents Phillip, Billy hates and resents Chance. I think they assume all viewers take Billy's side in these situations. I think they want us to see Billy as flawed but easy to love, and Chance as boring.

They also need to have these pointlessly ambiguous, empty triangles and quads, and they need to remind us that the insecure women in these triangles can't exist without the man who treats them like crap.

Victor treats Ashley and Nikki like crap -- they can't live without him.

Nick treats Phyllis and Sharon like crap -- they can't live without him.

Billy treats Chloe and Mac like crap -- they can't live without him.

These stories also have a man (Chance, Paul, Jack) we are reminded is a loser, is boring, has no edge, because this reinforces for us what the jerks (or as Sheffer used to say in interviews, "men with balls") are all about. They're real men. Victor, Nick, and Billy are the studs.

• Members

I get so sick of the writers making it hard on themselves and pinning Summer's accident on Patty. If they want the character to remain long term then they suceeded because there is no evidence for any of her crimes.

1. Summer's poisoning - There is no proof she did it and no one knows how exactly she did it. A bad lawyer could get her off easy.

2. Ashley's gaslighting - Eventually everyone will find out Adam did it and she had nothing to do with it.

3. Zapato's death - I doubt she'd get much time for killing a dog and again...where is the proof? Who can place her on the scene?!

But the writers are putting it like she is some fugitive from the law. What has she been charged with? Where is the proof for any of this? It's so stupid. I'm sure they're going to go further and further before redeeming her thus making it difficult for the viewer to accept.

About today's show, I did enjoy Patty's chemistry with Heather. She treated her sorta like Kitty which I found cute. Kitty Kitty also shows promise. Other than that it was pretty weak. It's always sad to see Jill like this. I'm sorry, but she may not be a CEO, but she should still be able to find a decent job. Maybe I'd believe her running a nail salon, but not working for minimum wage. That's just ridiculous.

• Members

Good post, Chris. I can imagine Hackffer and Hackner patting themselves on the back for their use of "history" as far as Jill's need to work in a nail salon. But intelligent viewers aren't buying this load of crap. There's tons of stuff that Jill could do and she would NEVER go back to a minimum wage job. [!@#$%^&*], I think she'd rather sell her ass than go back to doing that.

You're right about the evidence against Patty Jane. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this show was when Phyllis discovered a picture of Summer in Patty Jane's room and automatically concluded that she (Patty) had poisoned Summer. How idiotic. :wacko:

• Members

Oh, I'm sure Patty Jane's criminal history will be whitewashed as much as Kevin's after she either cries and says she sorry for 5 minutes or get laid by Jack or something...

You know how horrible this writing regime is with playing up the aftermath of things and their consequences. If they don't kill her off or send her to a nuthouse off-screen soon, she'll be a regular member of society and her psychotic past will be forgotten. That's just how this horrible writing regime does things.

• Members

From Toups ratings thread:

Y&R

Monday: 3.7/5,136,000

Tuesday: 3.5/4,800,000

Wednesday: 3.5/4,924,000

Thursday: 3.4/4,759,000

Friday: 3.2/4,449,000

Yikes.

How much do you bet someone at Y&R will say this is all because of Paul :rolleyes:

• Members

I only got two reason why they treating Jess Walton like this. 1 They mad that she resign when they probably wanted to recast the role. 2 They mad at her for not resigning right away. If it's #2 I hate to see what they going to write for MTS. I believe we got a taste of it before she left. All about Victor & Nikki great love.

• Members

I wonder why I watched today's show. Gloria in a nuns outfit.rolleyes.gif Patty all of sudden being more wacko than usual. So yeah...she goes to the funny farm and then all is forgiven...I guess the same thing will happen to Adam.

Archived