Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 24

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe they are going to have him go back to Sharon again. Ugh. Why would Sharon take him back after his renewal ceremony with Phyllis or Phyllis taking him back, for that matter, if he leaves her yet again? I can't see how any Phick or Shick fan could be satisfied with this back and forth. I just don't understand the decisions by these writers.

• Members

Word.

They've already done just that.

We need a new writing regime, this one just keeps on getting worse and they continue down the same damaging road they've been heading down for a while now....

I hate people that don't learn from their mistakes, and this writing regime always does just that, IMO.

• Members

Why are more people complaining about Y&R than they are praising OLTL? It has its faults but it has a hell of a lot more heart than this piece of [!@#$%^&*] show has.

I have an idea for the idiots at Y&R.

How about thinking (a novel concept in and of itself) of your characters as if they were, your brother, your mother, your lover.

Then write a damn story.

Motherfucking travesty this show is.

• Members

I don't think it even got this bad with Rauch at GL, and that's including the clone and Holly-The Kidnapper of All the Kids of Springfield. Sure there were some major clunkers, but the difference is that it appears as if every story on Y&R right now is a clunker.

• Members

The future does look bleak.

It's just plot,plot,plot.

Which is exactly what Sheffer said in the New Yorker article when he wrote ATWT.

I wonder if the terrible trio know anything about the history of the genre.It seems not.

The stories are so rushed.

When Victor got the photos of Colleen & JT,the next scene was him showing Victoria,instead of him doing some soul searching,perhaps discussing it with someone(god knows who because everyone around him is crazy)maybe going to JT first etc.

That's what soaps are about.

Where is Jill talking to Cane about Lily or visiting her'daughter in law'?.Instead we get Gloria dressed as a nun.

Why not have Sharon tell Nick straight out he is the baby's father instead of him overhearing?It would make both of them look better.

As for ideas check out the Y&R...so what's next post.I'd love to see what Mark H thinks.

• Members

Crass is right.mad.gif

Why would he need a heart? 2nd Colleen should not die. angry.gif

If she dies, he should NOT get her heart or anybody's heart who dies, by his fault direct or indirectly. He should get nothing. mad.gif

I strongly believe they will not kill Colleen off? How can they do that, if she needs to leave write her off to NY .

They don't need anymore hatred between Victor and Jack there is enough already?????? Especially even more when it is revealed about Patty no death needed at all, that reveal alone will fuel more hatred between the two.

Hogan, Hamner and Rauch should have NOT been hired. rolleyes.gif

Failed big time, everything is coming off so fake and a big joke and this used to be the Classiest Soap Opera around.

What have they done?

• Administrator

Spoiler discussion now on this thread.....without tags even? Come on guys, seriously?

It's not that hard...you want to discuss spoilers go to the spoiler forum!!! Is that so hard?

Fuck, I'm too tired to move things and I don't feel like wasting my time anymore.

• Members

Toups...I don't blame ya one bit. Now hear THIS: If some of you bitches don't cool the spoiler talk in the episode thread, I'm breaking out Aunt Esther's pocketbook, and I'm gonna start swingin! (Stevie... I understand your'e relatively new in posting.... I'm not directing this at you so much, the long timers know better!) Now... I was on vacation Tuesday through Friday, so I just watched all week tonight. MUCH improved over last week, but as usual, there were quite a few prairie flapjacks laying around the pasture. First, notcie how much more WATCHABLE this show was without a scooby in sight. That SL overdo last week was like dropping anchor on the titanic. Holy COW.

1: Patty/Paul- GREAT brother/sister dynamic, and both actors have done a great job and are easy to watch. I don't care WHAT anyone says, Patty is not irredeemable. First, killing a dog that IN HER MIND killed her cat is just vigilante justice. If a neigbor's dog had killed my REAL cat, I'd get my rifle, and put that dog in the cold, cold ground... be assured of that. And nobody short of a doctor or nurse would have any FREAKING CLUE that kissing a child with peanut lips would put them in a COMA. Hives, some hyperventilation at the most... but a COMA? It can happen, but it sounds too outlandish and unbelieveable, so much so that nearly all fans on the message boards thought the writers were making it up, that a child couldn't have that strong a reaction unless she ATE the peanuts. If Patty had FED the girl Peantus, then that would have crossed the line into irredeemable.

2: Vail Bloom- I don't care about the naysayers... but this girl had some heavy scenes to play this week, and she CARRIED HER WEIGHT. The scenes of her regretting that she didn't tell Paul she loved him, the creeped out look when Patty was stroking her hair in the church.. she was on POINT, and it was refreshing to see.

3: Hayley Erin- Once again, this girl sucks DOODIE WATER! She has that half smirk on her face when talking her MOTHER being put in a striaght jacket? And she ALSO has that Fu%king thing that Sabryn Genet had where she shakes her head "no" every times she delivers a line. I can't STAND this girl, she needs to be making blizzards at the dairy queen.

4: Doris Collins - It's ABOUT FUC@ING TIME! They bring her back for window dressing once every two months? She fills that enormous black hole that Liz Foster once occupied, and she should be on MUCH more often. I don't know why they don't utilize her much more.

5: Victor/JT- I'm enjoying this.... I like to two of them at odds, and I'm acutally excitied to see where it goes, although because Braeden is too much of a crybaby to ever play Victor as the loser... it'll probably turn out bad for JT. And WHY is Braeden walking around like he's got hemorrhoids?

6: Gloria/Jeffrey/Jill.. don't get me STARTED on this!!! For them to REDUCE Jill to Boris and Nathasha's third wheel is enough to make me run screaming into the night. I guess we KNOW why they never considered asking Dickson to return during contract negotiations... she would have NEVER stood for them doing this to Jill. And Jill's HALF of the real estate tax is 100,000$ PER YEAR? No Estate in this damn country pays that kind of tax... 200K a year, please. Unless other states are really THAT high. Around here, a 2 million dollar estate pulls a tax bill of about 22K a year. And PLEASE, get Jess something to wear that DOESN'T make her look like a model for the Lane Bryant Catalog. And WHY did they put Judith in that CORAL top that is a size too small and shows her jelly roll? Get her a bigger top, or give the woman an 18 hour girdle. PLEASE. And as SOON as Gloria was getting involved in the Paul/Patty SL, I KNEW that bitch was gonna dress up like a nun, I saw it coming a mile away. Just eye-roll worthy.

7: Adam- Once again, Muhney doesn't show any inner conflict or any subtle emotional subtext... all we have is Simon Bar Sinister. And in this SL, with THIS character, with THIS motivation, that SO doesn't work.

8: Sharon/Phyllis - Scenes were blah-blah- blah... and I couldn't even pay attention to them because I was amazed at how ugly Sharon Case's hair looked. Does this bitch realize her ugly locks are upstaging her?

Archived