Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well.there it was- the gay reveal.

Did Colleen already know Rafe was gay?Her reaction didn't show any sort of surprise or interest.(Sursok haters,form an orderly line)

Then we had the Restless Style planning meeting.It was like a bunch of kids putting together a school magazine.They're planning next months issue now?So much for the 3-6 months lead times other mags have.

Here's an idea -why not use friends personal lives for the issue??The rest of the country seems fascinated with the lives of Genoa City-the last issue sold out on the East Coast.

There's never any inkling of what else fills up the hundreds of pages of each issue-or who writes it.

Restless Style has to go!!!!

I hope Jimmy stays around.

Lily and Cane are unbearable.Humphrey deserves better than to be stuck with those two.

Was it foreshadowing that EStella took the dog for a walk and then Ashley heard the baby crying?What would her grudge be against Ashley?

• Members

I think (and hope) that it is Estella that is doing all the bad work on Ashley because I don't want Adam to be the one to blame. I don't know what Estella has against Ashley, but maybe she got so comfortable with Sabrina (and even Nikki) that she just can't handle Ashley? I don't see a reasonable explanation. Maybe they'll add more background to this in a few weeks.

• Members

I was okay with that. JT had a similar non-response. I liked that they each shrugged it off, like having blue eyes or red hair.

I come to accept that the real purpose of RS is to release interesting publicity pictures featuring the cast ("men we love"; "Kay as duchess"). I can suspend disbelief, because I really have no interest in seeing outside models and singers.

To see the content of the rest of the mag, visit the site. It is updated regularly.

I'm fine with it staying. I love that RS set, and I love the people it brings together.

Me too, but I consider it unlikely.

Now, with so many eateries and drinkeries (diner in GC, Joe's diner, Indigo, Crimson Lights, GCAC), it's almost like too many. I realize each sets a certain tone, but still... I wonder if Indigo is going to phase out.

I forget all my concerns when I see that cute dog. Zapato in the same episode too! I love that dogs are popping up everywhere.

I think Humphrey solidifies what we're supposed to be seeing in Lily: Paris Hilton.

I think that is a red herring. I don't think Estella would gaslight Ashley.

Indeed, I know we're supposed to suspect Adam or Estella...but I have this intuition that maybe Mary Jane is in behind it.

• Members

I'm thinking it is Adam, because he has so much venom running through his veins that he wants to destroy anybody or thing remotely connected to Victor. He is truly "HIS FATHER'S SON" and I think that's why Victor both loves and hates him.

• Members

I know you're right...that's what the show wants us to see. But Engen is so dang cute and farm-boyish...I don't want to see him go there.

It is a rare breed -- Braeden -- to pull of such nastiness and still enjoy a modicum of audience support. Some of us LOVE Victor when he goes all "Now you listen to me! You got that! I will crush you! I know you better than you know yourself! " and so forth. Yes, it is schtick, not acting, at this point...but that doesn't make it any less riveting.

Engen doesn't have that. So, the only way he can go truly dark is if he gets creepy...and that's what gets a character killed off at the end (cf. Sheila). I don't want that no no no. Even some of the previews for next week are ... scary...vis-a-vis his long-term future.

• Members

Ok, I think the writers are going over the top with Cane and Lily. Now, I never liked this couple much but they have their fans so fine let them be a couple, but the squeeing and giggling and ear to ear grins nearly put me in sugar shock. Now they have this dog (very cute) and Lily is carrying it in her purse and calling it Boo? Are they for real with this couple or are the writers pandering to what they think their fan base wants?

I love Michael and Lauren and am an admitted fan girl, but I couldn't handle seeing my favorite couple acting like Lily and Cane. Too much for me. It was so far over the top, I felt like the writers may have been playing it as a joke and saying this is what you wanted, so now you have it. And I was actually liking the turn in Lily when she was so opposed to Cane taking Cordelia away from Chloe, and now we are back to hepped up Valley Girl Lily.

As for the Adam story, I think the red herring is Estella not Adam. Adam is playing his little mind games and I don't really see that much of a change in him since he came on the show. This is Adam. He played mind games with Phyllis and the rest of the family when he came on the show, now it is just more creepy. I can't see how Hope could have produced a son like this, but maybe Adam is just a bad seed. Heather is an idiot though. She tries to put Victor away twice and says that she will keep coming to the mansion because it is Adam's home? Ok, this is supposed to be Adam's prison, not a Bed and Breakfast.

Archived