Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NO! REALLY?!?!?!?!?! :o :o :o :o :o

I am genuinely shocked.

You mean that measley little scene from over a year ago that would have been a non-event no matter who was playing the role? I think I remember it.

I see we're still scouring for new recruits for the 'We Hate Tammin Sursok' Brigade. :rolleyes:

• Members

When she actually gets the material, she can be surprisingly effective. Her last OLTL return was horribly written but there were some great faceoffs with Tess and her last scene with Viki was very well-acted by both ladies. Her scenes with Cain were also very good.

I can't see Y&R hiring her, they already have so many females in her age range, but I don't think she'd bring the show's acting level down.

• Members

The thing I really love about Adam is that he says what he wants. Like the book idea on Friday's episode. Victoria and JT are sitting there, so scared of saying anything to upset TGVN. It's like they're mortally afraid of being written out of Victor's will. With his blindness, Evil Adam has become the truth-teller of the Newman family. Fauxtoria offers up some lame non-excuse about Nick not showing up for Adam's birthday, and Adam just blows her off. Why BS him? He knows why Nick didn't show.

Speaking of Lame -- how about that shiteous dialogue between Cane and Lily? :blink: Half the time it was Wook at our widdle cute dawg! baby-speak. The other half it was dog metaphors as a prelude to some insipid flirting. Oh, what about Boo-Boo? Let's not kiss in front of the doggy! Good lord. How old are these people? 15?

I also loved the way Adam took Heather's hand and led her past Victor and into the party. A wordless moment, but Heather & Adam's chemistry shone through. Bloom also looked beautiful in that strapless coral dress.

Question: Didn't Adam treat Estella like [!@#$%^&*] when he was lording it over everybody last year? Why would Estella suddenly be all over Adam and arranging for his favorite food to be served?

Colleen = Victoria's Mini-Me.

SO tired of the Baldwin's pity party. Poor us! Poor us! Tragedy follows us around like a shadow! Nuh uh. Tragedy follows you around because you are led by an incompetent, selfish grifter who is always looking to get rich at the physical and emotional expense of her family. Speaking of Ole Bug-Eyes, where the hell was she on Friday while her family watched over Kevin? Why wasn't she at her precious baby's side? Is she feeling guilty for having let Tom beat the crap out of him all those years ago? Or just plotting with Jeffrey over how to get those damn Jabot shares?

Methinks the latter.

• Members

That's the biggest reason why I love the character of Adam. But you just know that Nick and Victoria will always come first.

It's disgusting, disturbing and shitty. Easy way to describe the tragedy called Lane.

ITA. I can't handle this family constantly having to defend themselves when they are all just a bunch of criminals.

Michael = huge crime past

Gloria = don't get me started on that one

Kevin = the stuff with Lily, burning down Gina's place, nearly killing Colleen (and many stuff in between)... and now this new stuff

Jana = "the brain made me do it"

• Members

If Estella is working with Adam then it's not a continuity error.

The staff would be happy just to have their jobs back. I'm sure The Mustache pays well.

No, Miguel left during summer of 2008 to take care of his sick aunt. (Even though we haven't seen him on-screen since the summer of 2006)

• Members

:lol: Not in Soapland but... at least in Renaissance Rome, people knew the Borgias were a corrupt, evil, horrendous lot. And Big Cheese Rodrigo Borgia was the frickin' Pope! If anybody could have covered that [!@#$%^&*] up under a thin veneer of piousness, it was him. But no. He was openly evil and power-grabby. Unlike the Baldwin-Fishers who think they should be headlining the book When Bad Things Happen to Good People.

And lest you think the Borgias would be a great template for the B-Fs, Mark... Rodrigo's children included a psychopath, Cesare, who murdered his sister Lucrezia's husband in a fit of sexual jealousy! So, if Gloria = Rodrigo, she'd be doing Kevin and Kevin & Michael would be doing each other.

And the cover tag on SOD would read "... And Y&R EXPLODES!!!!"

Archived