Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But again, is there no room for (toned down) Borgias (or The Grifters, or whatever) on daytime and Y&R? Let us not forget how often the Borgia tale has been successfully told.

Now, imagine if the Borgias are not unmotivated. That the evil that they do has roots, can be healed, may ultimately be redeemable. Suddenly we have a terrific soap formula.

Anyway, with Gloria expressing

, Kevin back on the mend, and Michael showing remarkable strength...this is no longer daytime's Munster/Addams Family. This is the kind of relatable group -- trying to be better people -- that I'd assume most in the audience will come to root for.

I know I'll be in the cheering section :)

ETA: Shouldn't we be in the 4/27 thread?

• Members

Jana's the next to go loopy ("temporary insanity" will undoubtedly constitute the bedrock of Michael's legal defense). I'm putting money on that.

Gloria managed to duck the tainted-cream debacle (and that still burns me, much as I love Judith Chapman). But no doubt schemes involving tiresome Jabot shares and the itch to attain wealth beyond her wildest dreams will propel her into court again. But, of course, it won't REALLY be her fault! It will be Jack's. Or Jeffrey's. Poor, innocent Gloria. Always being taken for a ride by those nefarious men! etcetera.

I don't have a problem with the B-Fs being bad. I have a problem with their never owning up to their badness. I'll put Michael and Lauren to the side of this debate for now as I do think Michael has atoned for some past sins. But he is walking a thin line.

• Members

I would enjoy this too but I think they try to spin this as a negative character flaw, I think we're supposed to be upset about how Adam behaves toward Victor and the family. I think Y&R now sees anything besides docility towards Victor as a sign of a character being a bad person, or warped. The exceptions might be Jack, or Jill, but I think that's more because of what Peter and Jess bring to the script than to the script itself.

• Members

I don't want to see Adam go down this road, could it be that Estella is trying to set up Adam instead of them working together?

I loved the Vail and Adam scenes today; they really should play more to her strengths as a sex kitten.

I don't want Andrea Evans on Y&R as she is much too campy. Her last stint on OLTL was awful and I was actually looking forward to her return.

Archived