Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I missing something? Why does alot of people at this board have such a negative opinion towards this guy? :huh:

But, yeah..... I am not sure the picture was necessary Mark.... sorry. I mean.... even a smaller one complimented with the usual Y&R graphic would have sufficed.

• Members

I have deleted the picture, but I am obviously out of sync with all of SON today. Never have there been so many ad hominem, meta-level critiques.

For the record, never have I suggested anyone is "savior". It was meant as a friendly "welcome Tom" (since it has previously been indicated that he reads the board)...nothing more, nothing less. It was also meant to be a little bit tongue-in-cheek -- a wink -- but that goes over like a lead balloon.

I cannot understand how his presence or absence would affect anyone's enjoyment...that smacks of prejudice (since we've never seen a single thing he's written for this show). I do not know how to control image size on SON.

No matter. Now, the only lingering testament is Ron's...and he can choose to keep or delete at his leisure.

Enjoy the evening, wherever you are.

• Members

I don't have a negative opinion of him, although I disagree with his view of what Hogan did at ATWT and I disagreed with some of his other opinions (like the blowjob scene with Dorian and David), but that's only opinions, and he's good at expressing them.

I'm just not sure how one new breakdown writer is going to make a big difference for the show. It's like Martha Byrne joining B&B. I could understand why people were happy to see Martha hired at a new show, but I don't see it as a big reason for celebration because the show is so set in its ways, a new scriptwriter probably won't make a difference. On some shows even a new headwriter won't make a big difference.

• Members

I also think knowing that a certain breakdown writer is penning the upcoming episode is going to ruin the episode for you is just a tad bit ludicrous. I personally think sometimes too much stock is put into that sort of thing around her. The writing staff is only as good as its leader if you ask me. Tom has suffered in places, he has shined in others.... as have almost every writer employed in this industry. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days not knowing who wrote each particular episode....

• Members

Nia Peeples was very good in Monday's episode. She's a great actress, and yes she know it, but I'm glad Karen is gone. Hopefully Tyra is out the door next.

I loved that Karen mentioned to Neil that he was only using her to get over Dru, because it's true. I'm glad she also mentioned how he chased her down and went after her in New York to give her all these empty promises for nothing.

Jill had the line of the episode though, when she mention to Ashley if that demon spawn she's carrying is making her upset. :lol:

• Members

I'm also glad she told him she hated him. He really hurt her. I didn't like that she said he is still the good guy. He shouldn't be called that after what he did. But it was too obvious Karen was just someone who helped him recover from Dru's death.

Archived