Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why not??? Can't you just imagine that farmboy looking back on all those years of milking cows, slopping hogs, feeding chickens and yes "doing" sheep and pulling wings off of butterflies ( sorry but I had to go there B) ), when all the while he had a father who had more money than you know who and who used said money to lavish a life style on his other children that most people can only dream about. He can't sprew any venom at his mother, so TGVN is next in line.

Again, why not?? I think given time and a well written plot, Engen could pull it off. Victor is a self-made Frankenstein's Monster who stomps through the village at will. He needs a devil spawn, so why not Adam. I can see Adam eventually being back burned and maybe sent away some place to return later(if needed) but I don't think he'll be killed off, that is not unless Victor does it.

OTOH: If somebody, anybody doesn't hurry up and slap Heather, I'm going to have to go to GC to do it myself. What part of " YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE, I DO NOT WANT YOU IN MY HOUSE" does she not understand. GEEZE

• Members

I just had another realization.

What is Patty's mother's name?

MARY!

I don't know...but maybe Patty is using her mother's name? We never did learn Mary Williams' middle name, to my knowledge...but "Mary Jane" would work fine for a woman of that era. For all we know, Mary's maiden name was Benson...could be...

I think I am blinded by my agenda.

Engen looks to me like he should be the young romantic lead of the show.

Also, I wouldn't mind him being the romantic lead with Rafe :). Although I like him a LOT with Heather too.

I'd love Heather and Adam to have a functional relationship, in which they heal in each other's love. I know that is gagworthy, but that is what I want.

• Members

Don't know about her maiden name... But I thought weeks ago that she could be Patty just because Patty's mother is Mary. So on one side we have a suspicious for Patty and on the other a suspicion for Mari Jo... the mystery continues...

Oh no, not with Adam. He should be with

• Members

I know what you mean. I am so ready for Adam's victorious redemption. Everybody gets redeemed on this show - but Adam is still this sulking, sorta-pathetic felon. I hate that Victoria and Nick get to gloat over him. He really had it good as a child, living on the farm with Hope, but Victor's other kids have lived a life of luxury. For a while he was more Adam Carrington minus the Shakespeareish dialect, and i kind of liked it. Now he's just a mess. I'd buy this Adam if he were played by someone darker like Tom Pelphery. You're right MarkH - Adam just appears too wholesome and folksy to be SO dark.

And you know what i think would have saved this whole Kevin fiasco: delete chipmunk, insert Roscoe Borne (Terrible Tom).

• Members

Me too! The ramifications for Mary Jane being Patty are quite chaotic! Let's detail:

A. Patty and Paul are brother and sister.

B. Heather, Patty's niece, is the ADA.

C. Jack and Patty were married (duh).

D. Paul will resent Victor using his sick sister for revenge, thus igniting Nikki to go on the defense for her NEW man.

E. They have not yet played the Paul/Nikki card with Victor yet, and i think it's for a reason to coincide with Victor's plan going awry.

F. Jill orchestrated Patty walking in on Jack and Diane which, consequently, Patty fell over a plant and miscarried - I'm sure Patty is not a fan of Jill.

G. Patty's jealousy has always been her undoing and Jack still loves Sharon.

Great history lesson about Patty on this page.

HA! And that's saying ALOT!!!

• Members

Love Monica! By the way, I love all your Vail Bloom avatars. She and Halle Berry i'd totally go str8 for. i know...TMI! But whenever I see your avatar I think damn she's hot! It's too bad they don't play up Vail's sexiness. She's way hotter than any other woman on soaps IMO.

• Members

It's the combination of being so dark and so pathetic which hurts the character. They could do much more with him. There's nothing to care about in his schemes against Victor, because you know Victor is always going to win. Even if he "loses", temporarily, he's never going to truly be out. What happened with Sabrina should have been life-scarring but instead he's playing happy family with Ashley after a few months of sulking. There's nothing for me to care about in Ashley and her baby because Ashley has already gone through mental problems again and again, she's lost babies again and again. Everything with Ashley has been a retread since her return. Frankly this all seems like something Ashley was shoehorned into, something which would have been more suited for Sabrina. The blissfully happy relationship with Victor. The pregnancy, The gaslighting. What should have been Ashley's story died with Brad.

There's a huge gap in Victor's storyline at the moment because nothing and no one matches him, or even comes close. Instead he reigns over obvious empty threats like Heather and Colleen. I think this is predictable and also very safe. Most of this story feels like very safe writing, instead of exploring the real dynamics between Victor and Adam.

They could have made Adam successful in business of his own, and then had Victor working to destroy him. They could have emphasized how much Victor despises the idea of Adam being happy or confident without Victor in his life. They could have given Adam that core strength while still letting us see his vulnerability. Instead, he's just another of Victor's broken children, at a time when Victor's relationships with his children are more one-dimensional than they've ever been. I miss those days of HT's Victoria when she could spit fire at Victor, yet you could see the respect and the love from both of them.

Victor is very wrapped up in his cocoon of history, but history doesn't always have to repeat. Maybe if I were a big fan of Victor and Nikki together, or Victor and Ashley, I would be more invested, but instead I see this more like greatest hits. I'm disheartened when Victor all but drives nails through Nikki's hands every time they meet, and then this is mollified by saying this is just their history, or isn't this romantic. I now dread the times they share a scene together.

• Members

Not to mention that Sharon could very well be pregnant with Jack's child. Patty wanted another child but at the time Jack lied to her about wanting one when in fact he wanted to get a vasectomy. If MJ isn't Patty, I will eat my hat.

Archived