Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Filler Friday alert, everyone's faves are on today: Lame, Victoria, JT, Colleen, Chipmunk crew, and a little party at the Newman ranch which were really just repeats of scenes at the Newman ranch from the last week or two. What has happened to this show, there are no storylines?

And if Lily wasn't bad enough anyways, now they have her talking in a baby voice like her natural one isn't irritating enough.

• Members

It's a weak batch of episode this week - even the eternal optimist in me sees that. Good moments interspersed throughout, but not nearly as strong as the "I hate myself" week, or the Billy/Chloe wedding rehearsal dinner/wedding week.

I'm hoping that next week with

, it'll pick up again. May Sweeps, after all. I haven't given up hope. Yet.

• Members

Mary Jane - this b!tch is going to give Sheila a run for her money as Y&R's all-time best villainess. She's getting so creepy. Reminds me of the teasers that MAB blabbed about how Victor's perfect plan goes to hell - and it looks like the fact that she's a PSYCHO is what makes that happen. I'm more convinced than ever it's Patty but with Stacy Haiduk playing her, I don't care who her identity is really. She's FEROCIOUS!

And popular opinions be damned, I like Cane. I like Lily (now). I think Cane's an awesome guy and I think he was way gracious with Billy and Chloe today. Releasing all that anger and turning it into love for Lily is very entertaining and sweet. MAB's a genius for putting him back to his bartender roots and out of the suits. Long live Lane!

• Members

Which normally, I'd agree with you. But the episode we compared that to (Jack/Nick at the bar, Phyllis/Sharon at home talking, Kay/Murphy in bed) had beautiful character moments. This week, I'm not really finding it.

But it's okay. Nobody's screaming the H-word (at least on my end). It was a lot weaker than previous weeks, but still watchable. I wasn't beating any drums last year, and I don't plan on beating any drums this year. :P There will be high points and low points, but when the most memorable part of the week was the Chipmunk (and not in a good way), it's a low point. If it keeps up like this for three months, that's another story. But for now, I'm chalking it up to an off-week, and moving on.

And I love my

. LOL!

• Members

I enjoyed the Newman party, as I never get tired of seeing Heather try to take on Victor :lol: He is so dismissive towards her, its hilarious. And I think people are panicking just because it was an off week.... things were firing on all cylinders for a good month leading up to the resolution of Katherine's story. Its just a time of transition.... I think anyway.

Archived