Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Members

:lol:

And while at first glance an evil chipmunk might appear v. James E. Reilly, honestly, JER drew the line at people with squeaky voices and fake, furry chipmunk heads. Satan? Sure. A vengeful, incestuous, pregnant hermaphrodite? Bring it on. But this... chipmunk thing? The payoff is going to be nowhere near good enough. Not unless Y&R turns into Passions.

Daphne du Maurier (who wrote "Rebecca") also penned a short story about a woman who came out of an eye operation and when the bandages were removed, her (she presumed) kindly nurse had the face of a snake! But this is no Daphne du Maurier story.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My take on it is that it's honestly just going on too long. Granted, it's only been about two weeks that we've seen/heard the Chipmunk. But it really could have been resolved in a couple of episodes, and while it still wouldn't have been everybody's cup of tea, it would have quickly been forgotten and everyone could move on. There was no need to continue with fantasy after fantasy, with each person in Kevin's life taking a turn being the chipmunk. I definitely was one of the few who didn't mind it the first few episodes, but truth be told, I can't really defend it now that it's still going on. I'm as over it as everybody else.

• Members

Yes, same thing happened with me. It seems to be going on quite a lot lately---they stumble upon a story that should be short and interesting and they suddenly decide to turn it into an over-size story that we can't wait to end.

• Members

And actually, I really liked today's Fisher-Baldwin scenes. I liked Michael/Kevin, I liked Jeffrey/Kevin, I liked Gloria/Jeffrey. In fact, if you had taken the chipmunk out of it entirely, it would have been really moving.

ETA: I know they're hated here, but I thought Chapman and Shackleford and LeBlanc were all very understated today, didn't chew a lot of scenery. That's why I liked the scenes.

• Members

I agree. I know there is no long-term drama in it, but I loved that Adam and Heather had similar backgrounds (father abandonment, raised by single mothers, worked their way through ivy league educations), and came together--two beautiful and professional people. I bought them as a real couple. I also thought that her acting limitations went away in her chemistry with Engen.

I would have liked to have seen that couple solidified--and then fall apart due to unresolved internal and external issues. But I wanted Adam and Heather to be the "end game" for one another.

I do not want to see this. That seems to be where it is going, but why is it out of the question to see Adam and Victor slowly find their way back to one another, and then to take on Jack as a common enemy? That would be much more fun--without Adam using Ashley as the pawn by which he hurts both Jack and Victor.

I don't want "dark Adam", as certain previews promise. I want an Adam who is slowly marching toward light.

Oh well, I'll keep watching no matter what.

ETA:

• Members

If you don't enjoy the Fishers, Y&R is tough going.

I wish they would all disappear.. I have noticed some real cheesiness in the production in the last few weeks (The very montage Nelson raved insanely about i thought was laughable and very B&B.

I'm interested in Jill, the identity of Haiduk's character, and nothing else at this point. I have never been this bored. I'm trying to stick with it but its just not my thing.

I like them both too. Adam with that hairy chest and he is handsome in a non soap way. They are both solid actors.

• Members

Dude, then don't stick with it!

I'm not trying to be a jerk here - I swear! LOL! But nobody says you HAVE to like Y&R. I would love to have a soap we both watch only because I think your posts are great and I love the stuff you have to say. But if it's not Y&R, no big deal. Watch your thing.

• Members

I would really like to see Adam and Victor forming a bond and having Jack as a common enemy as well. I'd also like to see Victor and Adam form the relationship Victor has never had with Nicholas because I really can't stand Nick. He is so stuck on Sharon, he really needs to grow a pair. He is definitely not his father's son. It would be neat to have Victor & Adam vs. Jack and Billy with Ashley getting thrown in the middle and then Victor throwing Ashley under the bus if she loses the baby or if it's just menopause. :lol: :lol: :lol: Then Adam shacking up with Ashley would be kinda hot. The blind man in bed with the hot Abbott blonde. :P

Is this true? I'd rather have

Archived