Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Members

I understand all that. I honestly do. Because I felt the same way up until not so long ago. Then I realised how much harm that kind of attitude did. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

As for Nikki, you're obviously not in the know. :D I hate both her and Melody. :lol:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanted to go off the wall on the Casiello stuff earlier in this thread. And I had to be honest with myself as to my dislike for him and why I was gonna start ragging on him. My agenda, if you will. Simple fact was I did not like him trashing OLTL (amongst the Y&R symphony stuff) with that insanely condescending "Oh, its the poor, pathetic show that has just never found its identity).

So it wouldn't be fair to judge his episodes/talent when I already have an agenda and ax to grind with him. That would be causing drama for no reason other than to cause drama.

Its hard sometimes to keep your opinions truly based on whats real vs. your agenda. He may actually be an awesome guy and a fantastic scriptwriter too. But I will never admit it! lol.

How dare YOU!

If you have backstage dish , PM me. I love having my loyalties tested.

I have always read that she is relatively standoffish. SO IS NIKKI! I LOVE it.

• Members

See, I agree with you entirely.

The "evolution" you have talked about before cannot happen with old chestnuts that have outlived their lifespans. Reinventing them into something else is fool-hardy, because it carries so much baggage from the past. AND, if you don't honor that past, you squander what a long-running show gives you ... the gift of historical threads that brought you to today (in plot, character, motivation, etc.).

When a show has reached the point of "saturated logic" (Irna Phillips), let it die. Then, when the market forces are right, something will spring up in the ruins. It might be on at night, it might not be five days a week, it might be VERY different from anything we see now...but it will come.

• Members

Just realized that the 'swoosh'effect between scenes that was used often last year is no more.

Would that be the editors department or the director? Or would Paul rauch make a directive for it to be dropped.

I didn't mind it,but it was overused at times.

They are still using the effect where an actor(usually an extra )walks across the screen and after passing ,it is a new scene.

• Members

That fall and early winter (Oct 2006 to January 2007) when the ratings increased also focused on Lauren giving birth to Fen followed by her PPD story along with the murder of Carmen Mesta story when Dru was under suspicion of Carmen's murder.

• Administrator

If Y&R is not "your show" (I believe OLTL is, right?) then quit if you're bored. ATWT/AMC/GH weren't "my show" (DAYS is and that's why I never stopped watching no matter how bad it got) and I dropped them all at the same time in February. It frees up more time to do others things/watch other shows. :)

Archived