Y&R: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These Y&R fans will CUT. A. BITCH.

My OLTL and Y&R love is purely sentimental from a different time (well the 80's and 90's lol), I wonder how much I really enjoy soaps- period, as much as I like dissecting them.

Brimike didn't offend me AT-TALL. I really didn't want to start a Writer/Directors war part 2.

These shows need our support. all of them.

• Members

I am seriously starting to doubt that. I mean, if something is not good, you should say it and change the channel. Because I think one does more damage in staying loyal to a cr*ppy soap than just plain not watching it. By watching you allow the current regime (network executive, executive producer, head writer) to remain in place as long as possible.

• Members

And range, baby, please continue to thrash Y&R once in a while! :lol: I am enjoying it! You wouldn't believe how much! :D

Yes, that's all I'm saying. Sad but true. Then pandemonium erupts and things will never be the same.

• Members

Furthermore, although it's "just the Internet" and you should be able just to relax, be yourself and "enjoy the show," truth is, you can't. So, after having to defend yourself one too many times over what's just a silly, inane comment on a message board and not meant to be the start of World War III, you simply throw up your hands, and say, "I give! The Internet wins! If you just want me to sit here and regurgitate the same, dry, humorless comments that have been made ten times over, then that's what you'll get."

Gee. Aren't we having so much fun? :rolleyes:

• Members

Sylphie! Could my "These shows need our support" comment sounded any more disingenuous?? LOL.

Honestly, this is how I am thinking. In 5 years, Y&R may be the only soap left. So it try to give it props and enjoy it. And I once loved it so damn much its hard to just give it up. And its so pleasing to the eye. Seeing OLTL's ratings last week, I have started to let go of that show in my mind. Because its inevitable. This is why I don't even have pets. It would kill me to have one die on me!!

And I miss my Nikki. I want her front and center all the time. (Others may not feel the same way).

• Members

I adore you, too. :wub: I remember that, I honestly felt like you were firing from a cannon. I was gasping all the time.

P. S. As for that keep thrashing it comment of mine, it wasn't meant as Schadenfreude. I like range's comments precisely because they're not it: I find them realistic and honest. Zero maliciousness.

Archived