Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not the reason, even if it's the "reason".  That's like saying a man punched his wife because dinner wasn't on the table on time.  No, he was f*cked up and unstable and this set him off.  If it hadn't been one thing it would have been another.  Normal people don't shoot others because things aren't going their way.

• Members

It's either happening more or we are hearing about it more. Why is it these mass murders are committed by white men, why are men the ones who commit the most murder? My niece who works for the CDC has talked about the increase in homicides and mass murder and how this should be treated as a public health crisis. That's what the medical community believes also. 

• Members

It's common to paint African-American men as gun-happy gangstas, but I think it's the other way around.  When a Black man gets angry enough to kill, he kills the person who's made him angry and leaves it at that.  But when a White man get angry, he sprays bullets all over the neighborhood and kills innocent bystanders in the process.

• Members

It is nothing new since most (if not all) previous mass shootings were about some angry person taking out their problems and/or feeling on other people. There are quite a few people subscribing to the entitlement based anger that is common on the internet now. Some of the screenshots of reddit groups that have been posted on Twitter are absolutely insane.

• Members

How many mass shootings has Florida had in the last few years? 

In recent memory, there was The Pulse nightclub shooting, the Parkland School shooting, and now this.  Yet you can bet that the same canned statements from their politicians will be uttered while we all wait and hope that the next inevitable shooting doesn't happen somewhere in this country.

I'm so weary of this cycle.  The only thing I want to hear at this point is that some legislative action will be taken to stem the tide of bloodshed.

I'm tired of the talk.  I myself am tired of talking and posting about this, knowing on a nationwide scale that nothing is being to prevent the next horrible event from occurring.

• Members

Remember the baseball game where those congressmen were shot? Even being the victim of shooting doesn't seem to wake some of these guys up. It's insane.  Maybe they care about their money more than their lives.

As to why men commit the vast majority of violent crime, I think it has to be an interplay of sociological and biological reasons.

• Members

I like that they keep asking him though. Not for McCain's family but because 1.) it just continues to show a petty toddler Donald is and 2.) it gives the rest of us ammunition when Cult 45 tries to blast NFL players for kneeling as claiming it's disrespectful to the flag and the vets.

• Members

Start the clock. Whenever Trump is forced to back down and behave like an adult he retaliates and/or acts out. Today's trade "announcement" was a good example of that. He couldn't stand all the attention McCain was getting so he announced a partial trade deal that doesn't really exist.