Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's bizarre seeing W there after the infamous 2000 SC primary. 

The media coverage of the whole thing was - shockingly - the Beltway talking all about itself and how much better things used to be and how they're sad that the person they enabled every step of the way isn't willing to be fake nice when they need their bylines about "bipartisanship." 

The media just disgusts me more every year. Hollow, craven, and completely and totally delusional at every turn.

• Members

The non-invitation and reprimanding of Trump rings a little hollow when you remember that Bush was a far bigger monster than Trump in terms of actual actions and arguably worse to McCain as well. Then there's Kissinger...

McCain was a portrait in contradictions, which he spun into an image of a maverick. He was attacked in the most ugly fashion by W in 2000, much worse than Trump, but he still supported Bush in 04 and attacked a fellow war hero in doing so.

He was a war hero and survivor, but a committed war monger.

He defended Obama's character but also attacked it.

He was mixed up in the 80s financial corruption, but then fought to reform campaign finance.

He hated Trump, but then voted with him plenty, worst of all for the tax scam.

I just can't see why McCain was so buddy-buddy with Bush, who continues to get rehabilitated for no reason at all. Painting?

• Members

Oh, I don't expect anything in the way of just behavior from the majority of these media outlets. They have already shown where their priorities lie.

The New Yorker has indeed published its share of high quality journalism and other long form pieces but I've had issues with them way before this.