Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To me the most interesting thing about that op-ed is that it is a sign to me that people are thinking about how to preserve what's left of their careers and reputations when this all blows apart. I think a lot of people are just trying to figure out how to avoid jail at this point because everyone is flipping on everyone.

• Members

The NYT has many, many issues but the NYT didn't write this editorial. However self-serving, the author won't remain hidden for long. What matters most IMO is we're in an unprecedented situation where the president's senior staff are now openly invoking the 25th Amendment and removing him "one way or another" in one of the biggest press in the nation. And if you think it does nothing you're wrong, because Trump has been in even more freefall numbers-wise since McCain. Eventually, saying any public statement "just helps him" is ultimately self-defeating and untrue.

It's I Am Spartacus time:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yup.

Oh, I agree, Vee.  It IS the right thing for Booker and his ride-or-dies to do.  I'm just saying that if Cornyn goes through with invoking Senate Rule 29 and we end up losing (IMO) a great Senator because he tried to serve in the best interests of the American people, then it's gonna be sad as hell.

Meanwhile, I'm loving Booker's "Bring it!".  He forgot the word "bitch," but the sentiment remains.