The Politics Thread

• Members

It was amusing watching contrarian Chuck Todd - who's never quite left his snide ways behind despite some good moments - ask a largely black, bipartisan panel (including Michael Steele) if DeSantis deserved the benefit of the doubt or 'guilt by association.' He got slammed down pretty fast, particularly by Steele.

Meanwhile:

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been reading the Sessions stuff and I'm just amazed all over again at how much influence Trump has over the GOP. Sessions was one of their good old boys, both in Congress and in the conservative movement. Now, day by day, more and more of them are happy to toss him to the side, humiliated and defeated. 

• Members

I don't want to see any journalist harmed but I can't help be think how the press treated Trump as entertainment for clicks and views. They didn't ever think that they would end up in his crosshairs but they sure didn't care about the people he targeted all through the campaign. Like so many others they thought he would only harm those people. They thought the violence would never touch them.

• Members

Yes. Also, I think some of them thought they could ride the ratings wave, but he couldn't really win.  I remember they were being accused of pretending the race was closer than it was just to keep people interested, but really they were underestimating him the whole time.