The Politics Thread

• Members

^ Good news.

I had no idea about this was happening. How awful and I doubt any human rights agency or government will be able to step in and save them.

"The sheer scale of the internment camp system, which according to The Wall Street Journal has doubled in China’s northwestern Xinjiang region just within the last year, is mindboggling."

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Without having yet read this article, is it the Uighur population?  China treats the Uighurs terribly and has for many years and Uighurs have rebelled by committing acts that China has labeled as terrorist. My guess is with Islamaphobia running rampant in the past 17 years, this has gotten very little attention.

• Members

Do you think he can beat the Republican?  I haven't lived in Florida for six years, so I haven't kept up with the political situation there.  Florida seems like a place where demographics must eventually lead to more democrats being elected.  I'm not one to believe demographics alone can save us on the whole, but dare I hope Florida is at a tipping point?

• Members

Republicans seem to pull out these gubernatorial elections every time in Florida, so it's tough to imagine change. I have already seen some people saying he can't win because some of his former allies are under FBI investigation, and that he will cost Democrats Bill Nelson's Senate seat, and state supreme court seats, etc. Personally I think that's unfair and it is obvious there are real problems with Nelson this year that have nothing do with who is running for governor.

• Members

• Members

Needless to say, I'm glad to see the GOP incumbents ousted in my state.  I won't get my hopes up TOO high, but I do think the fiasco over teacher pay raises was the last straw for many.  We're losing teachers at an alarming rate.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This is the kind of wrong that can never be made right. Those people are gone forever and it didn't have to be that way.  It's really frustrating to watch this incompetent and spiteful administration cause so much damage.

Absolutely disgusting.

Please register in order to view this content

What an ass. He'll claim he didn't mean it "that way", but I'm pretty sure I haven't heard that expression in 30 years.

• Members

The "monkey" comment is disgusting both for what it is and because it's such blatant crackpot racism - a real clarion call for the "Oh you think this was racist? YOU'RE RACIST!!!!" types who probably populate areas like North Florida. The saddest part is it will work so well.