Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, I heard about that lone holdout on the jury at the Manafort trial.  Wonder what her reasons for not finding Manafort guilty on all eighteen counts?

This almost (almost) makes me believe that, given all the facts (not alternative but real facts), the American people could actually make fair, judicious, even wise choices.

The media didn't do their job in 2015-2016 though--instead of facts, they choice to present narrative. 

Instead of true comparison and contrast of the candidates, they choice to present a horse race, rife with sports analogies and false equivalencies.

And instead of a deep examination of issues like the history of voter suppression (why were initiatives like early voting dismantled in 2016?), they chose to prattle on about supposed voter apathy and predictions that many voters would stay home (which became a self-fulfilling prophecy, although there were no genuine discussions of what barriers might have led to low turnout).

Also, why is there no discussion on the fickle nature of SuperDelegates and how they could be ruining the Electoral system?

Now, we're stuck with an elephantine jackass in the White House.

Speaking of that elephantine jackass in the White House, his immigration and trade policies are forming a deadly mix with climate change (which his environmental policies will cause more of) and is causing a crisis for farmers in New York state.  I mean literally deadly as some dairy farmers have resorted to suicide-- perhaps those who have not been able to sell their farms.

Interesting fact:  the majority of farms in New York state are family owned farms.  Farmers are now selling their farms at 4x the rate they did in previous years.

People forget that farms are not just located in "flyover country".

Blame Trump’s Tariffs and the Weather. New York’s Farmers Do.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

^ I grew up north of Albany.  I'd say a lot of people consider upstate NY figurative fly over country. 

Please register in order to view this content

It was very Republican when I was growing up.  Really the Adirondacks are very nice, although I could never live there again.  We had to drive about 20 miles just to get to a real grocery store. The guy who drove my school bus was a diary farmer and the western part of the state is full of farms.

• Members

Some don't even make that distinction.

When you mention NY or CA, the first thing that many people think of is Coast.  Then some, 'Coastal Elites'.  It's weird to me because growing up on the East Coast, our dairy was always from farms in NY, NJ or CT. 

Consequently, federal prosecutors have granted immunity to Pecker (sorry but what a name!).

Is now a good time to open those floodgates?

• Members

It's actually not just David Pecker, the chief content officer at A.M.I., Dylan Howard has also been granted immunity by federal prosecutors.

“HOLY [!@#$%^&*], I THOUGHT PECKER WOULD BE THE LAST ONE TO TURN”: TRUMP’S NATIONAL ENQUIRER ALLIES ARE THE LATEST TO DEFECT 

• Members

People always assume I mean NYC when I say I'm from NY (Well, I did live in Bensonhurst those first three years, but it was the sticks after that). I've run into people out west who don't even realize there is anything to NY, but NYC.  That shouldn't be surprising, but it always is because the rest of the state is so big. 

I lived in San Francisco for many years and it's true enough that I never thought much about the inland part of the state.  I did drive through once and the people are very rural. Just like NY, it's a completely different world. I had no idea until I saw for myself.

• Members

Capitol might have had a stronger case for staying on the air had they embraced more true to life stories, in addition to the convoluted stories about wealthy playboy Arab-ish sheiks falling in love with reporter/heroines.

Fridays are always newsday dumps in trumpland (well these days, it's everyday, isn't it?)