Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More of Mine... A mix of old and new...

GL:

- Laura Wright was good as Cassie and Nancy St. Alban was good as Michelle for about 6 months tops. Specifically in late 2002, when they hooked up with Danny (Paul Anthony Stewart) and Bill (Daniel Cosgrove) respectively.

- Jeffrey was and is a cancer to the show. Cole should NEVER have been brought back. He was only mediocre as Richard, a character with about as much personality as a roll of toilet paper. He simply does not have the acting ability to portray a character like Jeffrey.

- Josh and Reva were COMPLETELY responsible for Annie's mental breakdown. If they would have made up their freaking minds to get back together or not instead of dragging her through hell, she never would have went insane.

- Drew Jacobs was a horrible character no matter how talented Tammy Blanchard was. Ditto Selena (Patti D'Arbanville).

- Olivia and Josh and Reva and Noah were two really good couples.

- Jonathan and Tammy were incredibly overrated.

Amen! And I'd add Peter Simon to that as well. I fondly remember how much heart be brought the SECOND he returned in 2002. Simon and ver Dorn were truly the heart of the show. Now there's nothing. Nothing at all.

• Members

Because she is a good actress and I don't think the majority of Y&R viewers have seen enough of her to judge. It's the same as the Vail Bloom situation: most people thought she was awful until she actually started getting some screen time, which was very recently.

Of course you can. I was just asking a simple question - I wasn't attacking you.

• Members

you know y&r fan, Tammin Sursok didn't show anything that deserves to be praised for the moment. We don't like her accent, her acting. Maybe sometimes we'll change our opinion if she really does something good. For the moment, I can't understand that you keep saying how good she is when you admit by yourself that she hasn't done anything on the show. You can think she was good on other shows but you have to let her do something good on Y&R before praising her again and again. You can't say she deserved the emmy. :)

• Members

Days - I loved RKK as Bo and Bo and Billie were the reason I started watching the soap. I loved RKK and Lisa Rinna together. I love Kate. Really liked her with Roman and would love to see them reunite.

B&B - I like Donna and Eric. I can't stand Felicia and have never liked Leslie Kay. I like Brooke and Nick.

ATWT - I really liked Carly and Simon together. And I'm a CarJack fan. I find Liberty amusing and think the show needed her energy. I think Meg and Paul are OK.

GH - This is my favorite. I don't mind all the mob stuff. Sometimes it gets to be way too much but for the most part I like it. I LOVE Sonny and Kate. Kate is my favorite. I liked Carly and Jax but am starting to think he deserves so much better. I would be happy if Sonny and Carly never had a scene together again much less get back together. That's so overdone. I like Lucky and Sam. I find Jason amusing in scenes with Carly. I love how he looks at her when she's all crazy. I think he's perfected that look. :P Love Maxie now that I hate Lulu.

• Members

Like, whatever.

:lol:

About the males, I never realized that until just this moment... Interesting. :unsure:

Co-sign.

EXACTLY!

:lol:ROTFLMAO! :lol:

And, in my opinion, that's a compliment considering how GREEN AND UNNATURAL she was when she first showed up in 2002.

Thank you.

• Members

I had a dream a couple weeks ago where she was getting smacked in the face repeatedly by some mob thug. I guess I don't enjoy Kate Howard, either? :unsure:

Period.

Mulva. :mellow:

Thanks... I thought I was missing something with this over-hyped acting phenom drivel that was surrounding her.

Me TooToo.

Now, for mine:

General Hospital:

~ I think General Hospital thinks its too cool for school.

~ Maurice Benard is incredibly limited -- and nobody wants to tell him.

~ Kelly Monaco kicks ass -- but Sam's a shitfest of a character.

~ Alexis Davis' sole purpose is for the writers to have a character to beat up on. They clearly don't like the character.

~ Bob Guza isn't a horrible writer.

~ Karen Harris' writing irritates me.

~ Rachel Ames retired -- she had every right to.

~ Luke's useless -- especially with the Geary Vacations truncating story after story.

All My Children:

~ I'm glad Amanda L. Beall's gone.

~ Beall, Bugler, Taylor, Hayes and Kanelos were a large part of what was wrong with the writing team through both McTavish and B&E tenures.

~ I miss pre-Joan Rivers Susan Lucci. I LOVED her gorgeous 70s & 80s "ethnic" look. "Ethnic" because Lucci has said she worried she looked "too ethnic" when she was up for the role.

~ Annie was never properly developed.

~ I didn't like Sabine Singh but thought she was horribly disrespected.

~ I didn't want Greenlee to return in any form at all. Real, Fake, New, Original, Faux Fur...

~ Aiden Turner should be counting his lucky stars. Actors with far more charisma than he's ever displayed have been fired while he continues to work.

~ RPG and Beth Ehlers do NOT fit at AMC.

~ Neither does Chuck Pratt.

~ Alexa Havins was totally unworthy of her thrust to the airtime hogging top of the heap.

~ Rebecca Budig is acceptable in small, watered down doses.

~ I can't stand it when people act like it's a crime that 90 year old actors like James Mitchell and Eileen Herlie aren't getting front burner storylines.

~ Julie Carruthers is incredibly piss poor at producing AMC.

Archived