Unpopular Opinions

• Members

One more for GL...

The "Slut of Springfield" scenes from 1984 are overrated. Sure Zimmer gave a good performance, but it's hardly the seminal scene in GL and daytime history that some people think.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are a few of mine..........I'm sure if I wasn't tired I would have more

Y&R

Heather Tom will always be Victoria to me .

I never liked Jack and the actor who plays him....both seem like smug and ego-centric a-holes

I never cared for Colleen and the whole teen scene. They all seems like snooty little brats to me

I think Christian Le Blanc is overrated

Jill and Katherine should have never been made in mother/daughter

B&B

Katherine Kelly Lang is a great actress who keeps getting written in circles

Jack Wagner is pointless on the show

Ron Moss is also pointless

Susan Flannery is a great actress

I miss Sheila and Kimberlin Brown

I miss the ole days with Forrester/ Spectra feud

OLTL

The Vega brothers are pointless

Dan Gauthier needs to return

Cole and the entire teen crew are annoying

More to come.............................................

Other Soaps

Nancy Lee Grahn should leave GH for a soap that would give her a better role

Kelly Monaco is pointless

I miss the old GH days in the 90's , now the show is unrecognizable

Anthony Geary ain't all that

Susan Lucci ain't all that either

More to come...............

• Members

People think, too, those scenes won KZ her first Emmy. They didn't. She won primarily for Reva's miscarriage - which, in my mind, is more the seminal scene for her character.

Here's another one that's GL-related:

- As devastating as Maureen Bauer's death was for GL, it wasn't the undoing of the show. In fact, I've come to realize, Leslie's death, back in 1976, did far greater damage.

• Members

I completely agree with this. I have been upset by some of his decisions, but I think that there is an ultimate logic behind most of them, and I see him making efforts at innovation to capture a larger audience that I don't see Barbara Bloom (and certainly not NBC Daytime) making. The man isn't perfect, but I think that overall, he's been a good thing for ABCD.

• Members

Patch and Kayla suck. I hated them in the 80s and I hate them even more now!

They should have left John Black dead.

Kim Zimmer strikes me as a Class A Bitch who can't fathom that the writers wouldn't want to write her tired, saggy ass as a vixen.

A lot of the actors on 'Passions' would have been great on other shows.

• Members

off the top of my head:

GH:

I like Sam

Jason makes me laugh esp when he's in scenes with Spinelli or Carly

Carly is ok as long as I picture her as a pampered prissy dog

There are times -- not many but a few here and there -- that I like Sonny

I totally love Bruce Weitz and his Anthony Z

Since the strike material stopped airing, I've started to like Claudia

I like Johnny Z although I didn't to start with

I like Jerry Jax/Mr. Craig and like him with Alexis

Liz is boring

Robin and Patrick are boring

Nikolas bores me to tears and Nikolas and Emily sucked

Maxie and Spinelli are priceless

I despised Kirsten Storms as Belle (Days) but LOVE her as Maxi

I wish Jason Cook had picked ANY show other than GH to be on. I can't stand him!! And the thought of him and Maxie makes me want to cry.

I'm happy to see Anna, Noah and even Eli Love back but don't want all their time to be wrapped up with Patrick and Robin

Laura could stay gone and it wouldn't matter to me

I only like Luke when he's with Tracy

Less attention to the Q's does NOT bother me

The mob doesn't bother me and neither does the violence

I was happy they got rid of Logan

I think the dialogue for the show is generally decent

Days:

I love EJ and don't care what he's done in the past or under another writer. He's who I root for. (Same with Stefano)

I might just be able to like Lucas thanks to Chloe - and her because of him. They're pretty good together and he doesn't come off like a ranting two year old (which is why I might be able to like him)

Marlena, for the most part, has been annoying for the last 20 years.

I don't like Bo without Hope (but only because she keeps him from being such a self righteous behind)

I've never been thrilled by Victor but do think John A is an excellent actor

Billie bored me to tears (but would have been perfect with Dr. Dan)

I hate reading about people wanting "old" couples back like Jack/Jen, Shane/Kim etc because I don't see how the show can do anything with/for them

I love Steve/Kayla but this go around has been a bust.

Lexie is boring

I despised Eve and Nick (Corelli)

I never liked Adrienne or Bonnie (or Mimi for that matter)

I was happy that Frankie left and just wish he'd taken Max with him

I like Morgan and Chelsea but think Stephanie is a waste

Nicole isn't thrilling me this go around, but I loved her under JER (before he left last time)

Belle and Shawn were the pits. Belle/Phillip and Shawn/Chloe could have been good.

Days needs to get over their woe is me without thee garbage and develop characters outside of their precious couples that so many people seem to live for.

In general:

I don't care if soaps are violent if the storyline calls for it and I don't hold things against characters if the writers decide to change them/things.

I think Sheffer would make a fantastic primetime writer

I liked a lot of JER's storylines

I don't take things like adultry, rape, love/hate or whatever personally or remotely seriously. If it happens, it happens. But I get over it. The it's a show thing is something I do take seriously

I won't watch a show out of loyalty if it sucks. I don't expect perfection, but there has to be *something* that gets or holds my attention.

Sheri Anderson was good but over-rated (or at least her time at Days is remembered with more goodness than it deserves)

Give me a character who shouts through their lines and it'll be one I'm going to hate. I expect at least half-way decent acting and don't think any character should be written as just a shouter and/or pouter (Scott Baldwin included!)

I LOVE the bad boys and bad girls. Without them soaps would be dull.

Too much day to day realism bores me and it's not something I want to see too much of too often. That doesn't mean things have to go sci-fi -- I just want a bit more excitement than I see in everyday life.

I don't care if writers change characters personalities now and then as long as it's not too far out there. (exceptions = Jason and John)

I freaking despise the combined name crap used for couples!!!!!

• Members

EEEK! Unpopular opinions...what fun! Ok, it's 3am, i'm off work tomorrow, and I am insanely bored, so lets give this a shot:

AMC

- I enjoyed Sabine Singh *much* more than the original as Greenlee. In fact, I only seemed to glance at this show on SN when this girl and her dramatics were on.

- The babyswitch had me tuned in for a minute

ATWT

- Is the best soap on the air right now (that's not saying much, as *noone* is as good as they used to be...)

- I think Luke & Noah have no chemistry. In fact, I think the guy who plays Noah is a good an actor as my toaster oven, so that could be what's bringing me down. In any case, I wish Kevin or *that-guy-at-the-coffee-shop* would return...

- Noelle Beck is a very mediocre Lily

- Jack & Janet *ARE* the hotness

- I think Carly should see where things go with the Brit and Holden should save his hypocritical oogies for UM *HIS WIFE*

- Don't mind the teens...Parker needs love too...

- I like Katie & Brad and am glad she appears to be getting it right, for now anyway

B&B

- The show *should* be the best out there, as they haven't drifted too far from the original characters or premise

- Stephanie should be silenced, permanently. Really.

DAYS

- I miss James Reilly and enjoyed both his tenures moreso than *any* of the writers after him (except Morina, she was an escape...)

- I liked RKK better than Peter Reckell

- NuJohn should remain NuJohn. Its one of just a few entertaining things on this show right now...

GH

- I have always detested this show and everyone (with the exception of Sarah Brown & the newbie who plays Kate Howard) on it

GL

- Yep, Kim Zimmer *does* seem like a bitch...or at the very least too hot to handle

- The opening theme is like the worse theme in the history of themes

OLTL

- Just started watching on YT. It's watchable, not the chips w/the side of coke it's hyped to be though

Y&R

- Not into Jess Walton...at all. In fact, I wish Brenda Dickson would just come back already

- Noone but Bill Bell could make this show good

- The opening images suck. They should go back to the gyrating actors

- I want Nick & Sharon to reunite

- I like Victor & Sabrina, he doesn't need Nikki's drama

That's all I can think of for now. That was cleansing.

• Members

Days-

I think BO & Hope are an awful pairing. I hate hope as a char. I dont think KA is any good at acting. I dont see chem between KA & PR (tho odly enough i did spakles between KA & DH). I think Bo is a far betetr char when hes away from her.

I think matt Ashford as Jack is awful and im glad hes gone. I also hate jack & jen.

LK (kate) is a bad actress.

Stefano is a awful cartoon and i dont want him back.

marlena is better away from John.

Y&R-

I hate Jack Abbot. I always root for Victor.

im not gonna argue or anything - but speaking as a watcher - not co-worker - she is among the nicest of any soap star i have ever met.

• Members

It was much more than that for me. For me, whenever I like a teen couple in daytime, usually that couple isn't front and center...they're in the background and aren't really written for. The couples that are leading a storyline are usually the ones doing dumb [!@#$%^&*] in stupid storylines. By not being on the frontburner, Reggie and Dani escaped poor writing, and they weren't always trying to sell a storyline...their appearances were usually just fun, light couple stuff. Now that I think about it, my love for OLTL's Langston and Markko is very, very similar to my love for Reggie and Danielle. As much as I want Langston and Markko in a story of their own, I have to wonder if I'd still enjoy them that way...

• Members

ICAM!

I feel the same way about Henry Coleman, and his unrequited love for Katie on ATWT. The second it became front-burner, Henry became no fun, their dynamic was trashed, and now (while so many love Henry and Vienna), I find them awful and Henry a shell of his former self.

In fact - that's my other unpopular opinion. Henry Coleman should have stayed recurring, with the fans ALWAYS begging for more.

Archived