Unpopular Opinions

• Members

GL

I loved Jonathan and Tammy together. The freakin hot couple and I just really cared or ignored that they were blood related.

I hated Danny and Michelle. They were annoying.

GH

Even though Kristen Storms is a good Maxie, I loved the old Maxie (Robyn Richards - I think)- she is Maxie to me.

I loved Anna and Duke together.

Brenda and Jax were ten times better than Brenda and Sonny.

Vanessa Marcil shouldn't come to GH because the legend of her character has only grown though the years, if she returns - it's only bound to disappoint.

AMC

I just don't understant the appeal of Zack and Kendall. I though Ethan and Kendall were hotter together.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahem......might as well put them all together....knowwhatimsayin.....

Word. From a historical standpoint, I hate how all shows seem to go no further than the early 80s when it comes to honoring or celebrating history. There are those of us out here who'd like to eat up on some of that pot-boiling 70s soap goodness!

• Members

I cannot stand Zendall. They are one of the most boring couples I have ever seen on AMC, and they have sucked the life out of the show, and other characters have been ruined to give them storylines.

Greenlee is one of my favorite characters.

At this point, I'd take Megan McTavish over B&E anyday.

I have NEVER found Cameron Mathison to be attractive. Even before I hated Ryan.

I also don't get what is so sexy about Zach Slater.

I loved Babe and JR (Alexa's version).

Overall I enjoyed the babyswitch storyline and thought it was well written, just not the ending.

Luke & Noah are overrated and boring, and everytime someone credits them with the ratings rise or says they keep the show afloat, I want to rip out hair.

I love Katie, and she and Brad are about the only thing keeping me interested in ATWT anymore.

I don't mind Liberty, or Liberty/Parker.

CarJack is annoying.

I didn't hate Sofie.

Noelle Beck as Lily makes me cringe.

• Members

i never saw the episode live but I saw it on Judith Light's biography special. The way she describe's an autistic boy's "awakening" after seeing her on the stand in that narcissitic (acting saves lives!) way just made me turn my head.

• Members

While I agreed with almost everything, these things screamed at me while I read your post.

1. I agree, certain actors' fanbases have killed any enjoyment I might have had watching them on my shows.

2. Livvie would've been fabulous on GH -- the Sam character has taken on too many different shapes over the last five years that I don't know who the hell she is, nor do I even care at this point.

3. Rick Hearst is brilliant -- and very generous as an actor and towards his fans. I adore his skill and talent combo and wish he was given the respect he DESERVES!

4. I "hated" Tamara because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sarah Brown. Ever since VR Troopers, I've enjoyed her as an actor. That said, it wasn't until about a year ago, when I watched some GH tapes from 2002 or so, that I began to appreciate Tamara's portrayal. True, I still think Tamara was Carly the Bully (compared to Sarah's "I'm Trying to Prove to You as Well as Myself I'm Better Than Trailer Trash" aspect), but Tamara was fabulous when it came to adding a subtle inflection here and an unexpected nuance there. Sarah and Tamara are two different actors which I've come to accept -- and both of them added beautiful layers to Carly. Tamara was fabulous when Carly was scheming or coming up with "a plan." I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't realize it until Laura Wright came along. Laura Wright exacerbates everything that's unlikeable about Carly and emphasizes absolutely ZERO of Carly's enjoyable qualities.

*SnEeZe*BRIAN FRONS*cOuGh* My GOD, these SON allergies are acting up...

1. I agree.

2. I agree.

3. I agree -- Sabine never stood a chance.

4. I SO agree. I went from enjoying them to positively loathing them within 10 months.

5. Walt's portrayal aside (trying not to delve TOO far into actor bashing), Jack's an ass.

6. B&E may have bored me out of watching the show, but they never pissed me off nor have they insulted me to the degree McTavish has done during her last 2/3 stints. Of course, I'm not sipping Zendall Kool-Aid, so I don't know. I just knew from the gate that they weren't the right choice for AMC.

THAT, out of everything he had done up to that point, is what sold me as a Rick Hearst fan. Rick Hearst believes in Ric Lansing soooooo effing much that he was absolutely FABULOUS in that scene. No lines, no big glitzy glass smashing... no yelling. Just the look on his face in that scene told me this dude is awesome. He gets what true acting is about. It's not loud, obvious, showy LOOK AT ME nonsense. It's in portraying the character's truth even in the quietest, most simple moments. My unpopular opinion regarding Rick Hearst is that I LOVED RIC EVEN THROUGH THE PANIC ROOM.

1. Reggie and Dani were a breath of fresh air. Those of us who have a little bit more BROWN in our epidermis were just happy to see SOMEBODY that looked like us (and those of us who are on the pink side who also enjoy persons of color on our soaps) and embraced the possibility of them becoming the next Jesse & Angie, 20 years later.

2. I agree. SMG's Kendall would NEVER be AM's Kendall. Two entirely different actresses with equally different takes on the character. I enjoy both, but agree that they're not "the same."

3. I don't miss Kelli Giddish at all -- thought she was overrated in the sense of that she didn't emote this "gotta watch this actor's scenes" feeling in me. She was a natural, which any basic actor should be, but nothing that was extraordinarily fabulous. Sarah Brown, in my opinion, had a touch more depth at Kelli's age than Kelli exhibited.

4. Totally agree. Robin WORKED the rehabilitation story. It was Robin's effort in redeeming Janet that sold me. Kate Collins' Janet pre-Robin and post-Robin was nothing more than a cartoon -- but I still enjoyed Kate's "Mirror Janet." She and Robin both nailed the dry sarcasm of the Mirror Janet character.

5. I :wub: YaYa DaCosta and I'm so proud of her. From what I saw on ANTM, she seems to be a very intelligent young woman and is a wonderful student. I believe she has what it takes to grow and learn while she's in this role. Seriously, I adore this woman.

Which leads me to my other Unpopular Opinion -- Tom Casiello has a hell of a lot more to do than just gossip on In The Zone and his blog in order for me to think he's some unheralded savior of the daytime drama genre. I think he's a great guy, don't get me wrong, but his views are nothing brand new. I've been here at SON for two years come this Saturday, and I've read numerous thoughts and opinions that could go hand in hand with his.

• Members

Some more unpopular opinions

AMC

I think that Zach and Annie have some chemistry.

I thought that Brooke was a boring a lot of the time that she was on the show.

I don't like Liza and I don't want her to come back.

I liked Erin Lavery and I liked her and Aidan as a couple.

I think Krystal is the love of Adam's life.

I didn't like Dixie.

I would have liked to see Ryan and Julia as a couple. I think they should have been paired together.

I liked AH's Babe and Jamie as a couple more than I liked her Babe and JR as a couple.

At times, I liked AH's Babe though I can't stand AB's version.

I like Ryan and Zach as friends.

I think Dre is okay.

OLTL

I didn't care for David and Dorian as a couple.

I wanted Todd and Evangeline to be a couple.

I think Cole is okay.

I liked Christan and Natalie as a couple.

I didn't like Jessica and Nash as a couple, I preferred her with Antonio.

I like Bo and Lindsay together.

I don't like Blair but I think her and Spencer would have worked as a couple, had they not made him a villian.

I didn't care for Kelly too much.

GH

I liked Lucky and Lydia together. I wanted them to be a couple.

I don't care for Dillion.

I liked Skye and Jax as a couple.

I love Jax and Morgan's relationship.

I really liked Courtney and I liked her and Jason as a couple.

Lulu doesn't really have chemistry with any of her male love interests.

I liked Lorenzo's chemistry with TB's Carly.

I liked Brooklyn and Lucas together.

Passions

I only really liked Theresa when she was with Jared and in the very beginning when was in love with the first Ethan.

I don't like Tabitha or Julian.

Y&R

I don't like Ashley.

I preferred Mac with Raul instead of Billy.

Bold and the Beautiful.

Brooke Logan, is one of the worst character on soaps, if not the worst.

I think Kyle Lowder is a decent actor.

Days

I liked Sami and Brandon

I loved Brady and Chloe.

I didn't like Mimi.

I liked Kristen Storms as Belle more than Martha Madison.

Archived