Unpopular Opinions

• Members

I do too. Though I watch the credits (for sake of discussion), I won't turn off the episode if a certain script writer's name (such as Mary "Sucky" Price as fans call her on GH) appears in the credits.

I miss being the casual fan, the one who was surprised when characters returned or died, or when certain points of a story played out. I've said before becoming an "internet" fan (I'll use wrestling lingo "smart" fan), I had more fun watching my soaps. For a time all I did was bitch about this spoiler and that spoiler and blah blah blah. Since going spoiler free (for most of the shows I watch), I've found my enjoyment increase. Yeah I still roll my eyes at certain things, but it's easier to just kinda laugh at the sillyness than get upset with it.

It was kinda like wrestling for me. When I became a "smart" fan (aka internet fan), it ruined the entertainment for me. Finding out about X person not wanting to lose to Y, or hearing about A wrestler holding B wrestler down turned me off after a while. I would watch the shows and always critique (oh that move was sloppy, I could hear him calling the spot), I gave it up for like 6 months.

Going spoiler free for many of the soaps I watch has been good for me (though I occasionally peek at some stuff). For example, when Jessica on OLTL revealed she was pregnant, I was surprised because I didn't read spoilers about it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope.

Marland was before my time. You mean MarlandRulz, right? We may have overlapped slightly when I first started posting a few years ago, but I can't remember.

And I don't have a whole lot of Sheila love. At least not the last six reincarnations. The first three I can get behind. Not so much the rest.

• Members

I may have gone overboard with "six". :lol: :lol:

Speaking of, here's an unpopular opinion: Pheila COULD have been interesting if there was a real long-term story made out of it, that snowballed into some kind of large, long-term umbrella story.Instead it went the predictable route and was over within six weeks. But when I first heard the idea, I didn't think it was the worst idea ever. (Not the best either... but not the worst)

ETA: I mean, seriously. Who didn't see the "Lauren-holds-a-gun-to-both-Phyllis's" ending coming the second word leaked about the story MONTHS earlier?

• Members

Y & R

* why did it take 10 years to final break up the worst couple ever in soap opera history - Nick and Sharon! I don't care who did it, thank you!!!

* I don't understand all the boo hooing over Cassie's death...you woul think she was the first child to ever die on a soap opera

* making Jill the daughter of Katherine was a slap in the history of the the characters and the show!!! and the storyline with Katherine stealing Jill's baby and replacing him with another baby thus making Cane Jill's son and not the Phillip III we all knew is the pits!!!!

DOOL

* I miss the show being about the Horton family and why oh why are the DiMera's now the family of record for the show??

* the whole John character and who he is or isn't.....geez just decide finally and leave it BE!!!!!

* the current teen scene sucks!!! and I have been around for all the teen scenes...but this crop is the pits!!!

* love that they have made Sami into the younger version of Marlena, please no possession storyline!!!!

OLTL

* I can't stand Nora...she is a self righteous BITCH!!!

* I love Lindsey, she is more human, she makes mistakes and they can be whoppers, but I think deep down she is a loving caring person...to bad she did not off Nora!!!

* I miss ET as Jessica, but BW is growing on me...I think BW carries off Tess better then ET could have

* where the hell is Larry??? They don't even mention him anymore

* glad Adrianna is gone...whine, whine, whine...get over it already!! Love Gigi and Rex!!!

* why all the Marcie hate??? if it was between Marcie and Todd having Tommy/Sam...I would pick Marcie anyday!!!

* Ilene Kristen is being wasted on OLTL...maybe they can move her to GH and pair her with her former Ryan's Hope partner Ron Hale's character Mike.

GH

* why would all these smart women want to be with Sonny???

* why isn't the show more about the Hospital as in General Hospital instead of the mob???

* I don't care what anyone says, Tony Geary can be on my screen until the day he dies...

* Spinelli is the biggest addition to the show in YEARS!!!!

* Alexis and Diane are the new hot couple in soaps!!!! I love their relationship and banter!!! they remind me of Mason and Julia on Santa Barbara

* where is Lucy Coe????

• Members

I agree with everything you said marla0518, except that I hate Marcie, lol. I can't get past it....until she dies.

Kinda like Jen, I hated Jen the entire time she was on the show, it wasn't until death that I liked her.

Archived