Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Jade too, and liked the actress.

When I first started watching ATWT, before the Hogan era, stories such as Alec's murder, Kirk and Sam, Georgia/Eddie, and early Katie, Chris, and Henry were what got me hooked on the show and I enjoyed those stories. That period of the show ranks very high with me as a viewer.

I liked most of Lloyd Gold's tenure on GL with the exception of the time travel, and parts of the Tori/Ross story, and Catalina(who was brought on by Labine).

• Members

This is in response to Cat's post:

I really think the writers and producers of Y&R had it out for all the tough "bitches," if you will. It just seems hella strange that all of the recasts withered and diluted the original characters-- Victoria/Colleen/Christel as Lily again (ZZZZZZ!)--, the introduction of cartoony caricatures -- Gloria, Amber, Jana(GRRRR!!), Stafford as Sheila (Kimberlin's definitely had a lot more self-respect and even reason,LOL, than Stafford's), -- or boring characters-- Karen/Maggie/Heather (who were all interchangeable)-- the "death" of Dru, Ashley's departure, and how they completely neutered Phyllis, Katherine, and Jill. The only one who developed a backbone was Nikki, for some strange reason. In fact, it was almost as if focusing all of that feminine power on that one character sucked it out of everyone else.

This is perhaps why I'm enjoying Sabrina's character of late. She's really sticking up to her feelings for Victor and her integrity. The women on this show haven't been standing up for anything, or, if they do, they whine about it. (Hearing Christel whining about Chloe as I write this).

Speaking of Chloe and unpopular opinions. Sure, she's a heck of a lot more interesting than the other 20 somethings women but she ain't all that. This fixation with Cane is utterly ludicrous, which isn't Elizabeth's fault at all. Still, not really seeing that much in her yet.

• Members

I will never understand the backlash against CK's Lily and the worship of DS's Lily. Soap actors have to have two things: 1) acting ability and 2) looks, and IMO, CK has both of them in spades, while DS didn't have either... at all.

Thanks DP. :D (Kind of disheartening that that's an unpopular opinion though. :()

Archived