Unpopular Opinions

• Members

GL

Justin Deas is an over rated actor who relys on over the top theatrics such as yelling spitting and wind mill flinging arms. I have no idea how the little troll won so many emmys or why people like him.

Zimmer is over rated also, though she can pull it off by the force of her personality.

FLOVED, Brent/Marion as written by McTrash, it was scary, funny, dark and sometimes outrageously creative as it at times spoofed soaps ( I thought the scene where the cops got the email from Marion was one of the best "reveals," ever...."The part of Marion Crane will now be played by BRENT LAWERNCE!!! as Marion's face desolves into Brents ala Aunt Em's face turning into the witches on WOZ.) and sometimes had some interesting things to say about gender politics (never thought you would hear that written about McTrash.) I thought the blood test switch, which caused so much outrage in people was a creative twist (he is supposed to be a villian people, he wanst going to politically correct or sensitive.)

I think both LW and Beth Ehelers are two of the most grating, sharp and annoying actresses in daytime, I am glad GL is rid of both of them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't care for Kelly Ripa as Hayley

I hated Brenda for screwing up Sax

I like the Zacchara's

I've never cared for Jack Wagner

I too liked the GL life savers opening

I sorta like GL's new format

I wish GL got a little more discussion on this board and that people would talk about things other then the fact that the show is dieing, all the time

• Members

True dat.

I didn't just "not like" Sabine; nay, I loathed her portrayal. And yet, I think the whole mishandling was terribly rude.

And now I might as well pull out a few of these:

AMC

I thought Mct's Baby Switch Storyline was one of the best crossovers and one of AMC's top storylines since I've been watching (circa 1990)

I never understood all of the Reggie Love or Dani Love (explain?)

I liked Jack better with Erica than Dimitri (ducks)

I think SMG's Kendall and AM's Kendall are two different Kendalls (at least in the last few years) and both actresses are/were suited to Kendall at the time (can't imagine SMG playing Kendall in her current incarnation, although I think Kendall needs to regrow her balls)

I like Aidan

I liked Dixie in 2006 way the hell better than Dixie circa 1996

Thought Kelli Giddish was wasted

Prefer Robin Mattson's rehabilitated Janet over Kate Collins JFAP

Always thought Noah had a stick up his butt to hold up that chip on his shoulder.

Cassandra is saving the teen storyline, and with some coaching, could become a great younger diva, a la Taylor Roxbury-Cannon

I'm sure I"ll think of more later...

• Members

DAYS:

- I am really enjoying the show right now. The storylines are stupid, the dialogue is terrible and the show doesn't really make sense. Even with that, I'm enjoying the show, and I don't give a feck who doesn't agree with me.

• Members

- Ron Carlivati has too much of a hard-on for 80's OLTL, and forgets the show's true creative golden era of the late 70's/early 80's.

- OLTL has traditionally been the weakest of the core ABC soaps. Unlike AMC and GH, it never really stood out, which is why it tends to be called the red-headed step-child of the ABCD lineup. Of course, it's in better shape than AMC and GH at the moment though.

• Members

GH:

- I hated Skye and Luke. I felt Robin Christopher always got the short end of that pairing. When Tony went away for vacation, so did her story. It wasn't fair and she deserved better.

- Scrubs is overrated

• Members

Another World from 80-83 was excellent, i love the episodes currently showing on AOL video.

Hogan Sheffer didnt get Days, and didnt get the DiMera's at all.

General Hospital is a joke, there is no one thats recognizable on that show anymore, and its as much as a clusterfuck as GL.

Ron Carlivati isnt the best writer in daytime, I find OLTL to be boring and cheesy. How many times is Vicki going to die and see everyone from her past in heaven......?????????

Dena Higley needs to be paired with a Days writer from the past, Maggie DePriest or Sheri Anderson anyone?

SoapNet is a joke, I want to see classic soaps, not Dallas, BH 90210, and One Tree Hill and the OC which have been played out 2 years ago.

Chris

Archived