Unpopular Opinions

• Members

LK was the downfall of Passions they spent too much time on her overrated butt. I was so happy when she left to have her baby.

I'm happy Y&R losing viewers & I hope most of them are black.

I'm happy OLTL is losing viewers.

I'm not going to play nice I hope all soaps go up. These two soaps needs to go down.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What are your thoughts on his tenures at OLTL and AW? (I hadn't mentioned AW because in terms of AW history, it's not a well-known period... although I do think he did some interesting things... even if Toni's rape was just a LITTLE TOO CLOSE to his top resume line)

Check out a couple of his books too. I have to say, The Killing Club was pretty interesting. Granted, it was clearly a rush job - but for a rush job, it wasn't bad at all.

And I REALLY appreciated that out of ALL the soap books (ATWT, AMC, GL), One Life's was the ONLY one that had nothing to do with the Llanview canvas... although one would truly believe it came from Marcie's mind, compared to Malone's writing style in other novels. You could tell he actually WORKED to make it seem like Marcie Walsh, resident of Llanview, would write it, and use her inspirations as his inspirations.

It's like Canary playing Adam playing Stuart. I don't know - it impressed me when I read it.

ETA: Sorry. Off topic again. I'll stop.

• Members

- British soaps are far better written, acted, and directed than their US counterparts. Even the best US soap at the moment simply can't compare.

- I don't get what DAYS fans ever saw in Julie Pinson. I didn't like her Billie and I thought the character should've never been brought back.

- Even if B&B was expanded to an hour, Brad Bell still wouldn't be able to tell more than one main storyline at a time and use most of the show's cast.

• Members

Great topic!

Here's mine:

Daytime's not nearly as bad as the posters (myself included) seem to make it out to be.

Y&R is not/was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be and LML gave Y&R a new feel that energized a lot of fans (good or bad energy is debatable).

Sabrina and Victor are not a bad couple and they make PERFECT sense.

I'll take a new Sheila s/l any time no matter how bad the last s/l she had.

Martha Byrne leaving ATWT is the reason why ratings are down and their ratings will never improve until she comes back.

Michelle Stafford's acting is messy and unprepared.

MTS is not a great actress.

People would miss Gloria if she were gone.

Josh Morrow is the worst actor on daytime. If anyone believes him as an magazine publisher, corporate executive, or anything more than a parerboy please message me immediately - I have some excellent oceanfront property in Kansas for you!

Vail Bloom and Emily O'brien were unfairly hated on (Tammin not so much).

Nia Peeple's Karen is the worst written character on daytime.

The new Beth on B&B is horrible!

Texas Battle is daytime's worst new actor.

• Members

DAYS:

-RKK was much better as Bo. If Kristen Alfonso had a problem working with him, she should have been the one recast.

-The last era that held my interest was the serial killer storyline. It should have played out as originally written, with the dead staying dead (though I think Alice was only marked for death when they knew they would bring everyone back).

-Thao P (Tony) is one of the most annoying and overrated actors on daytime. He should be axed ASAP.

-I miss Bonnie and Mimi.

-I rarely watch now and would not care too much if the show was cancelled, would gladly let it die to let Passions live (on broadcast).

-The actor who plays Nick is the hottest guy on the show.

-Ken Corday listens to fans too much to the peril of the show. There are way too many charectors over 50.

GH:

-Claire Labine was awesome in the beginning, but her last year was just horrible. The AIDS/Breast Cancer storylines (and another one I can't remember) were so depressing that it sucked the joy and fun out of the show I associated with the soap in late '93-'94. Her last year did more damage to the show than OJ or Guza.

-I loved the Quartermaines but it's time to write them out with the exception of Tracey (and realistically, Jason). The Zaccara's, if written correctly, could be a great core family. Bruce Weitz is the best actor on the show and could be a riveting patriarch of a dysfunctional family, AKA what Edward was when the Q's were introduced (I assume, was too young to watch then).

-I enjoy Laura Wright as Carly.

-Recently started watching again, find it entertaining for the most part.

-I am ambivilant towards Sonny and his portrayer.

B&B:

-The biggest problem with the Nick/Katie/Bridget story is Bridget. The charector is now boring, directionless and Jennifer Finigan, like Susan Flannery, played the only "unrecastable" charector on this show.

-I enjoy Donna, like her with Eric, and see her as becoming a new leading lady.

AW:

-It was probably for the best the show was canned, the last few years were hard to watch.

-The actress who played Rachel seemed to phone in most of her scenes; the storyline where she had twins at 60 was the dumbest thing I've ever seen on daytime.

-I liked Justin Chambers and Mark Mortiner alot more than Kevin McClatchy as Nick.

-I agree with the poster who said killing off Michael was worse than killing Frankie.

-I wish they fired Linda Dano instead of Carmen Duncan if TPTB thought there were too many actresses in that age range.

SON:

-I hate it when people comment in the ratings thread before any ratings are posted.

• Members

AMC

I don't hate Zendall but I have no interest in them and think they are the most overrated couple in the history of soaps

They should write out Josh and Amanda

I've loathed Greenlee from the minute she appeared but I don't think she kidnapped Spike

Since Dixie died, the show has been ruined for me

GH

I like the show in general (but do have major problems with the violence and killing off of characters)

I enjoy/enjoyed all the characters and couples (except for Sonny & Emily) and have for years

It doesn't really matter to me which character is with who (except I wish they had kept Elizabeth and Lucky as true loves - I do like LuSam though; Liason not as much)

I think all the actresses who played Carly have been really good (TB was probably my fave)

ATWT

I like Alison and Alison and Aaron as a couple

Probably not unpopular but:

Carly and Holden as a couple = HUGE MISTAKE - don't buy it for a second

They gave up many actors this year (who played Lily, Craig, Rosanna, etc) who they should NOT have lost

The show has been pretty boring the entire year

• Members

I thought Viki & Ben Davidson's romance on OLTL was unconvincing and hated every minute of it. Mark Derwin must have gone to the same acting school as Kamar de los Reyes and David Fumero. The whole symbolism of the Crossroads meeting was extremely heavy handed, and the fuzzy dice gimmick was every bit as dumb as John McBain & Marty Saybrooke making paper airplanes. I was happy when Ben left the show.

Archived