Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Jennifer Gareis can hold her own against Flannery, and then some.

-Sarah Brown has been overrated since her Carly Corinthos days.

-Grant Alexander isn't all that, and Phillip Spaulding can easily be recast.

-B&B does NOT need Susan Flannery to survive. The show started to erode as the Spectra's were shamefully let go, and then the tragic passing of Darlene Conley.

-Greg Rikaart is the best actor in his age group. The scene where he contemplated suicide simply rose the bar for other actors to follow.

-Gina Tognoni is good, but she can never touch Wendy Moniz complex, and understated performances.

-Terry Lester was a good Jack, but Peter Bergman has made the character his own.

-Jerry Douglas never received the respect he deserved.

-Another World had one of the most amazingly underrated cast, and it pains me that I didn't get to see more of this show.

• Members

- Anthony Geary, Michelle Stafford, Peter Bergman, Genie Francis, Greg Rikaart, and Christian LeBlanc are vastly OVERRATED!!!! They all have at least one Emmy too many.

- I'm so over the character of Victor Newman and Eric Braeden. I really don't get why an old man like that is supposed to be so intimidating and can pull all these much younger women.

- Daytime's current lineup of characters of color is pathetic. Nothing will ever compare to the 1990's where characters of color in daytime are concerned.

- I'm not surprised that it took Susan Lucci 19x to win her first Emmy. It should have taken 19 more.

- Ronn Moss is a horrible actor who can't emote to save his life, but after 21 years he IS Ridge Forrester. Really who else could you see playing the character at this point?

- I like the character of Gloria Abbott in MODERATION...I wanted to gauge my eyes out last month when she was on almost everyday!

- The Barber-Winters family is the most accurate portrayal of a black family that I've ever seen on daytime...at least in the 1990's.

- I'm glad that B&B has backburned Brooke's revolving bedmate plot point.

- The character of Amber does not fit in on Y&R...the character is too campy and out there for this show.

- GL is the worst thing on television right now and deserves to be cancelled ASAP!

- ATWT is not as bad as GL, but it is downright unwatchable. After GL it's the next to go.

- GH is the most overrated soap in the history of daytime and doesn't deserve at least 4 of it's current 10 Emmy's as Best Drama Series.

- I liked Krista Allen as Billie on DAYS.

- Brenda Epperson was my favorite Ashley on Y&R.

- No show has ever had a more solid era than GL had from 1990-1994.

- I loved GL from 1997-2002, no matter how over-the-top it was.

- Sunset Beach, Port Charles, and Passions never really stood a chance because they came in when daytime, as a whole, was starting to take a dip in quality and in the ratings.

- Y&R has had VERY few bright spots since Bill Bell handed over the reigns.

- B&B needs a new direction and a new head writer, because Brad Bell obviously fails to realize that L.A, the show's setting, is filled with other attractive people whose last name isn't Logan, Forrester, or Marone.

-

• Members

The best & only black family on Daytime is Jesse, Angie, Frankie, & Cassandra. Great chemistry & acting.

I loved Bo & Carly from Days

I knew they wasn't serious about Bonnie when I saw that wig walking around claiming she's Jessica daughter.

• Members

The Nuke story is VERY problematic, but daytime is better for it. There is still hope for Van Hansis and Luke. When he finds real love, and if they show it honestly, it can still change the world.

I miss Eileen Davidson, but her absence isn't really felt on Y&R.

Shari Shattuck was a great Ashley. She had an edge, she was sexy.

• Members

True.

Here's a couple more:

-I appreciate OLTL's upcoming 40th anniversary ideas, however, I'm resistant to see them pulling this off well. For one thing, it's kind of too campy for me, certain actors are going to come up short, and the overall production team is going to let them down. I'm hesitant to believe that this will go over well, but I'm sure excuses will be made if it doesn't. It seems like a beautiful disaster coming up.

-Out of the 3 ABC soaps, I always put OLTL first even with all its difficulties and shortcomings. Second is AMC, and last is GH.

-I think overall the CBS soaps are better produced.

-I liked Deanna Wright as Kay Bennett on PASSIONS, and wish she would return to daytime.

-I would've loved to see what Sharon Wyatt would have done with Gloria Fisher.

• Members

...:rolleyes:

Kat Lang works best when she ISN'T in romantic stories.

Jen Gareis is entertaining. In moderation & does one thing well. Much like Judith Chapman.

Grant Aleksander has aged really well. Ronn Moss should look that good.

Ingo Radamacher is NOT aging well.

Port Charles was good until Caleb, Livvie, Rafe & Alison ATE the show.

GH could really use John Reilly & Sharon Wyatt.

Ian Buchanan needs to retire.

James Hyde has aged wonderfully.

John Brotherton is cute but isn't as good as the writing.

Ilene Kristen has done wonders with extremely unsympathetic writing.

Tad/Simone was a wasted opportunity.

Ditto Bobby/Anita.

Christian Campbell was wasted.

Aidan Turner is a better actor than Cameron Mathison.

Tom Eplin is NOT sexy & never belonged on ATWT.

Wally Kurth has aged well & is highly underrated.

Sarah Brown is great but Claudia is unnecessary.

Becky Herbst has become REALLY lazy.

• Members

Billy Warlock's AJ SMOKES Sean Kanan's.

Maurcie & Steve ate the show LONG before Sonny/Carly 1.0

Ephipany is unnecessary but Sonya Eddy is ok.

Bradford Anderson & Julie Berman can NOT do romance.

Marcy Walker had more chemistry with MEK than David Canary.

Dan Gauthier = Best. Kevin. Ever.

Tika Sumpter is a talented actress stuck with a thankless character.

Susan Walters is a good actress. Just not Diane.

Shari Shattuck = Worst. Recast. Ever.

ATWT has been in trouble since Ben Hendrickson died.

Archived