Unpopular Opinions

• Members

Not caring for Michael Malone & Josh Griffith's OLTL is, I think, the definition of an unpopular opinion. Most, if not all, soap fans who know the show praise them for the AIDS Quilt/Homophobia and "Spring Fling" rape storylines. Others (myself included) never think much about them.

I would blame that, however, on the writing for Dorian more than I would RS's performance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is much better. B) I'm strangely and all of a sudden interested in this man's work. Because, in theory, he should be an excellent HW, yet he gets so much hate around here. I have yet to determine the full reasons of this Malone paradox.

• Members

I found JER to be a master at balancing story, characters, and he was all about plot and story, not about fanbased oriented coupledom who do nothing but exist without a story (see any couple on GH but in particular Scrubs).

Yes, his stories had force fields and bizarre schemes to control the universe with religious chalices, but I liked that there was a always story and they took twists and turns. You could discuss his shows without talking in terms of pairings. I can't say the same for most soaps.

• Members

I have more:

B&B

*I like Kyle Lowder as Rick. It took a while to warm up to him because I loved Justin Torkildsen, but I couldn't imagine Torkildsen's Rick with Ashley or Taylor.

*I don't mind Eric & Donna and I hope they work out. As long as we don't have to see them in bed.

*I want Ridge & Brooke to get married again and head straight to the eternal backburner (although I wouldn't mind seeing Ridge in corporate storylines).

*I love Katie and would rather see her as the lead heroine than Brooke.

*Winsor Harmon is the best male actor on the show.

*The assassination of Bridget's character was the writers' fault - not Ashley Jones'.

*I wish the show would be less "campy" and more realistic.

Y&R

*Ashley was not a huge loss and is a better fit at B&B.

*Christian LeBlanc is the best male actor on daytime, period.

*Tracey Bregman and Peter Bergman are highly overrated.

*I didn't mind Ryan Brown as Billy. (Scott Seymour, on the other hand...)

*Christel Khalil is the best actress in her age range in daytime.

*Tammin Sursok should have won that Emmy.

*Michelle Stafford should win an Emmy every year.

• Members

Jeanne Cooper is a great actress. I don't know what some expect of her still. She's getting up there in age, but damn is she energetic. Her earlier years on Y&R from what I've seen were brilliant. Love her!

WORD. I love Slezak, but why do they have Viki wailing all the time. It's downright silly.

Archived