HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

Right!! We were watching last night and when it ended at 9.45, we were like "WTF?!?!"

Another good show though. Man, the momentum is building towards the season finale and I'm lovin' it. I'm glad they were able to get Tara free of her "possession" and LOVED Jason and Andy punk'n the other zombies into believing that Sam was dead. LOL! And their reaction when Sam "disappeared" was awesome.

I don't blame Jess for jumpin on that 'ol woman at all. She got what she deserved.

And what's up with Sookie's new "power"???

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my goodness!

Why does Bill have a big ole flatscreen and a Wii (in an otherwise dilapidated house)? But my god, I almost hurt myself watching Hoyt's mama play it!

That extended "punk the zombies" stuff is going to go down as CLASSIC television! True Blood has the PERFECT mix of laugh-out-loud and creepy what-will-they-think-of-next!

I like how they explained why Bill can't just "smite" (love that word!) the maenad!

Will we see Bacchus?? Be still my heart!

"Tara, if there ever was a time to listen to a white man, this is it!"

I have to say, though, Forbes is rocking her character like nobody's business! "What is she?" (with a smile of delight) "Ravage me!"

That show energized me so much, I could not sleep. I must watch it again!

And what a perfect, perfect ending....that dripping blood....

I'm also gaining a new estimation of Alan Ball. This show could not be MORE different from my old favorite (Six Feet Under). The man has some versatility!

• Members

^ ^ ^ Ah, my man Mark! :):)

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I hope we do see Bacchus! And Forbes is doing a fan-tabulous job as Maryanne. I enjoyed her on GL many years ago as a spoiler to Reva/Josh and it's been a treat watching her again.

What an awesome show. My only thing is I wish the season lasted longer. Are all series in HBO this short in terms of "season".

The line you quoted in particular was awesomeness:

"Tara, if there ever was a time to listen to a white man, this is it!"

PS - Remember when we would get this excited about an episode of Y&R?!??!

• Members

I was in tears when Tara confessed she thought she was going crazy- very touching moment. I can not get enough of the interaction with her family.

And how sexy can Jason Stackhouse get? His scenes could be so ridiculous in the hands of a lesser actor.

That 45minutes really pissed me off!! I always watch the clock on a good episode.

• Members

You know one thing I love. Every time you have a LOGICAL THOUGHT as an audience member ("Why doesn't Bill just drain her blood and kill her?") the show EXPLAINS IT. They anticipate logical thoughts. Y&R, right now, is failing to do that.

Amazing show. Most HBO shows are 10-13 episodes long. But that's okay with me. It's like a great bite of chocolate. You don't want to eat too much. It's best when you just savor a little piece.

Jason is ripped, isn't he? 0% body fat.

• Members

I like these shows that only go on for 13 episodes, they don't run out of steam as quickly as the 22 epi shows tend to after a few years. Nurse Jackie being the exception for me as it is boring most weeks.

I love the humor and creepy, it is filling the void that Buffy left.

Did Sookie's light thing hurt Maryanne or just shock her?

• Members

Seemed to me it was kind of like a bee sting to Maryanne. Annoying and a little painful, but not something that really hurt her. I bet someday Sookie's going to put be able to put a little more juice behind whatever that was.

Jason was hilarious as always in this episode. These Sookie/Eric dreams are killing me. I need some real interaction soon.

• Administrator

That was hilarious!! Jason is awesome. :lol:

Loved that line. :lol:

Michelle Forbes and Stacy Haiduk remind me so much of each other.....they have the same type of face and body structure.

I can't wait to see my Evan Rachel Wood. :wub: So the Queen is a lesbian? Oh man, that's even sweeter!! Can we get some girl on girl action between the Queen....and Jessica. I think my head will explode if that happened! LOL :D

• Members

I don't know how the show is going to fix the damage they've done to the character of Tara. When she went running after Eggs - after borrowing Sookie's keys no less! - she was no better than any of the brain dead bimbos in Salem, Llanview or Springfield.

• Members

That was painful. I mean the character just goes along with whatever damage the writers want to see happening in the town. Combine that with the lack of chemistry between her any eggs (or should I say forced intimacy) and I was through listening to her "last chance for true love" *eye roll* speech. And lord knows I can't stand to watch "find a happy place" Lafayette. This was not a great episode.

I wish we were getting a two hour season finale.

• Members

I'm not sure I do, after that last episode. I think AB has forgotten that many people are watching this show for vampires, not maenads. I would have much rather the season's ultimate showdown have been with LODI and the Newlins. Instead that war over before it began and this Maryanne crap continues to drag.

Archived