HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

I went to high school with the guy that plays Eggs, and had I known his butt looked that good.....

I think it's hilarious that Tara had a party at Sookie's first day in.

Sam didn't stand a chance when Maryanne came into town, and I don't think he's smart enough to outsmart her.

I wonder why Maryanne went ahead and killed the exorcist lady, but kept Daphne alive? Was she using the exorcist lady prior and then took her heart to kill her?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You went to High school with The Ass of Eggs?! Girl, you're gonna make me clutch my pearls. *fans self*

I hope Tara's role continues to grow this season. I love the actress and I fell like Tara's been pushed to the side a bit even though she's supposed to be Sookie's BFF. I also hope we're done with Maryann's orgies. I'm bored with them.

• Members

Just found this forum (thanks to Rakesh)! I absolutely freakin' love this show and I'm glad I can discuss it with my friends here at SON. :)

First of all, can I just say the guy playing Tara's boyfriend is F-I-N-E! Lawd have mercy. The scene at the orgy had me blushin a bit, y'all.

This is just speculation, but Maryanne is obviously some kinda satan spawn or a demon of some kind. Judging from everyone's eyes when they are under her "spell". I also think that Tara's fine ass boyfriend and the others are not really alive. Again, just speculation.

The show is cast very well, IMO. Every character is perfect for the actor playing the role. And unlike some of our soaps these days, every story is holding my attention on this show right now.

• Members

Wasn't Suckie paralyzed by the beast attack and the witch doctor said she'd die without treatment? That makes me think that Daphne isn't human but rather some other type of animal who isn't vulnerable to the venom. Maybe she was attacked and got away before Maryanne could steal her heart. Either that or the witch doctor was lying for some reason which will come out later.

Why were Billy and Jessica traveling in coffins to Dallas? I could see if you were going overseas but couldn't they fly at night in a matter of minutes? Some how Erik managed to get out there instantly, can he fly?

• Members

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think Eric can fly because he's so old, but newer Vampires like Bill can't yet.

Nice to see you in this thread Greg. I can't believe it's only Friday. I am so ready for the next episode of this show.

• Members

My friend Julia! :wub: I was glad to see you in this thread. And yeah, it seems like almost everyday my bf and I say "ONLY X DAYS til True Blood"!! :lol:

Like others have posted, I think I'm going to wait until the show is over before I start reading the books.

BadZoe - I think you're onto something about Daphne. I know the scratch - or whatever - affected Sookie very seriously and if she survived.... But then again, she seems to be going after Sam with the full court press. Maybe she is a Maryanne plant after all to "get back" at him? Hmmmm???

• Members

Re: Daphne - the main difference between her and Sookie is that Daphne has the scar. The way I figure is both got attacked, albeit Daphne a long time ago and both got cured but then Sookie got vampire blood which is the reason she doesn't have any scars. Daphne probably healed naturally, whatever that means in BonTemps. I have no doubt Daphne is tied to Maryanne. I'm just not sure she knows it.

• Members

That's it! I think you solved it! Maryann's revenge is to make Sam fall for Daphne. Sigh.

Wow on the spoiler. Not so much the deets (I kind of knew that)...but Alan Ball writes in such beautifully soapy terms. "Fate...conspires in ways she cannot forsee..."

• Members

We keep talking about Maryann wanting revenge on Sam but didn't she say he took something from her all those years ago? He thought it was money but it wasn't. What if she's using Daphne to get that "thing" back? Argh, so many questions. I luv this show.

• Members

Well, all those years ago, they had that tremor-sex (Maryanne did her freak-out/tremble thing while riding human Sam). I could imagine Maryanne was impregnated.

But Sam couldn't have taken her baby, even inadvertently, could he?

Daphne definitely sounds like it comes from the "Maenad" era.

• Members

Do I sense some scarcasm, Mark? ;) Let me clarify. Her revenge is not for Sam to "fall" for Daphne. I think that's part of it, though. Maryanne wants him vulnerable...or Daph is a plant, and once he falls for her, Maryanne will start the second part of her plan?? Obviously, I'm grasping at straws here. :P

• Members

No sarcasm. I think what you helped me to realize is that Daphne is a plant from Maryanne, for some reason of revenge. To that point, I'd been hoping they were both just victims, but that something sincere might emerge between them. Now I have given up hope of that.

Archived