HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

Ugh...I typed a lot and it was lost. No time to fix now.

Summary: 3rd last episode was best.

Liked: Maenad goring, Jessica's shocking return to Vampire ways.

Predicted: Bill disappearing at end. Predictable is not good.

Want: Eric and Lafayette to be the next big thing...not Sookie and Eric. Hope Hoyt helps Jessica win back her "soul".

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really wish that Maryanne's demise had lasted 5 more minutes. It was just too quick following show after show of build up. Maybe if it was combined with the previous episode into two hours and extended the extra 10 minutes that the last one left off, it wouldn't come off as almost an afterthought. Were they afraid they'd look like they were ripping off Buffy if the final fight was a fight?

• Members

the plotting was awful at the end.

the maryann story should have ended the episode before the finale, with everyone dealing with the aftermath the entire next episode and setting up next season's plot.

also, i hate how they changed bill leaving sookie in the book for the tv show. i hope they know what they are doing here...

• Members

Some people on tv guide seem to think they are making the queen younger than Eric because of her comment that the one guy tastes like they did when she was first turned, before the industrial revolution came around and ruined everything. I took it more as a statement on pollution's affect on the world rather than a statement of her age.

And you are so right that the Maryanne thing should have been wrapped up by the second last episode. They could have cut two orgy scenes and had time to wrap it up. I hope to see Michelle Forbes in another meaty role soon, she was fabulous even if the arc ran a little thin at times.

How did they change Bill's leaving from the book? I'm not reading them until the show is done but am curious about some of the differences.

• Administrator

What a disappointing end to the season - these last couple of episodes have been pretty bad. I hate the focus on Maryanne and I'm so glad she's dead. Hopefully season 3 will focus on the VAMPIRES! More vampires = better show.

That's what I said a couple pages back. They have the same body/facial structure.

• Members

Southofnowhere, I did try and watch Durham County, in its first season, but just couldn't get into it. I did see a bit of MF on it and she was good but not as delicious as she is in this role.

The more I think about this season finale, the more plot holes I find. If Maryanne thought that the pharmacist/voodoo lady and Daphene were the vessel, why wasn't she all dressed up as a bride when she sacrificed them?

It would have made more sense if she decided that Suckie was the vessel and when she had her on the sacrificial table, Sam rode in as the bull, fucked the bitch and killed her.

• Members

My sentiments exactly, Julia. And Mark - IA with what you said on the last page as well. Particularly with the predictable "missing" Bill. My bf and I saw that coming a mile away.

I don't know if I would call the characters my "favorites", but I seem to gravitate toward what's happening with Eric, Tara, Lafayette, Jason, Sam and (now) Jessica. Very rarely are the supposed "stars" of the show the reason why I tune in. I must say that Sookie's new power does have my interest as well.

But the finale laked something. The killing of Maryann was too easy. I keep wondering why Same didn't shift into a Bull sooner? Why not do that when she first came to town or when she started possessing everyone? That was the big whole for me.

Other than that, Season 2 gets two thumbs up from me. Looking forward to Season 3.

Archived