EricMontreal22

HBO: True Blood

Good point, Julia. I don't know how he could say something like that after seeing him with Godric. Those scenes were pure awesomeness.

Well...except...right after that Eric was talking about eating children.

So, I think Ball is telling us that Eric is NOT a nice man -- he's not Godric -- and maybe even that with Godric's death, now only the worst parts of Eric remain (untempered by Godric's authority and ultimate goodness).

Eric is hot, sure...but he is really an evil guy. Nothing other than the brief Godric episode has told us otherwise.

I really, really, really want a Godric spinoff, initially set in Viking times...where we see him through the ages. Each season could put him in a different historical era. I know HBO won't ever do this, but that is what I want.

Eric is hot, sure...but he is really an evil guy. Nothing other than the brief Godric episode has told us otherwise.

But he should be telling me otherwise and I am pissed that he hasn't yet. If he writes Eric as completely evil he's wasting a huge opportunity and deviating from the books in a way that I find completely unacceptable. AS is just too talented (and hot) to be pure evil. A bad boy, sure, but not evil.

Well...except...right after that Eric was talking about eating children.

But I didn't get the feeling he'd done it recently. :P 1,000 years is a long time. Children were considered nothing but little adults until the late 1800's or so. Tea cup humans, I believe Eric said. :lol:

According to this URL

http://www.tvguide.c...ve-1010724.aspx

We'll be saying goodbye to at least one character next season on True Blood, executive producer Alan Ball tells TVGuide.com exclusively.

"Somebody is going to bite the dust and it's going to be really good to see them get what they deserve," Ball says.

The only clue the Blood boss would reveal is that "it's a person we'll be happy to see go."

The HBO drama is set to return next summer for its third season.

So who could this mystery person be? Who's death will actually make the fans happy? Sound off in the comments.

ETA: Who? What villain deserves to get it?? I'd prefer to see Eric, but you all love him. Andy is no longer a bad guy. The Maenad is gone. Hoyt's mama? I love her now that she's a Wii player.

Edited by MarkH

ETA: Who? What villain deserves to get it??

I'd prefer to see Eric
, but you all love him. Andy is no longer a bad guy. The Maenad is gone. Hoyt's mama? I love her now that she's a Wii player.

:mad: One little conversation about eating children and you try to kill him off. You used to be my favorite poster Mark.

I imagine that Loreana has kidnapped Bill and will die for her troubles.

That's not really a spoiler, since I don't know it for a fact, but it kind of seems incredibly likely to me.

:mad: One little conversation about eating children and you try to kill him off. You used to be my favorite poster Mark.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll admit Eric is hot :lol:

Your spoiler speculation works very well for me! I approve!

According to this URL

http://www.tvguide.c...ve-1010724.aspx

ETA: Who? What villain deserves to get it?? I'd prefer to see Eric, but you all love him. Andy is no longer a bad guy. The Maenad is gone. Hoyt's mama? I love her now that she's a Wii player.

There's too many to choose from: Maxine Fortenberry, Steve and/or Sarah Newlin, Lorena, Lettie Mae, Jane Bodehouse, Andy Bellefleur (OK those last two are for me.)

There's too many to choose from: Maxine Fortenberry, Steve and/or Sarah Newlin, Lorena, Lettie Mae, Jane Bodehouse, Andy Bellefleur (OK those last two are for me.)

I've highlighted the onces I think it could be...but Steve Newlin is perfectly delicious. Let it be him!

Very detailed spoilers about some new characters yet to be cast and what the casting sheets called for:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/27/extremely-juicy-true-blood-spoilers-below/

And love the reader comments underneath with still more bitching from fans of the books (I guess only one of these new characters is even from them) I'veread the first two novels and can only saw every change Ball has made has been an improvemnet.

Edited by EricMontreal22

Very detailed spoilers about some new characters yet to be cast and what the casting sheets called for:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/27/extremely-juicy-true-blood-spoilers-below/

And love the reader comments underneath with still more bitching from fans of the books (I guess only one of these new characters is even from them) I'veread the first two novels and can only saw every change Ball has made has been an improvemnet.

I can't agree with you on that, but I do like some of what he's done. Dragging out the storyline with Maryanne was a big change from the books that I didn't like at all. Those endless orgy scenes dragged the show down for me. I also don't like the numerous times good things Eric has done in the book were done by Bill in the series or left out. Yes, I'm an Eric fangirl.:lol: I own it. I hate that AB seems to be all about Sookie and Bill.

On the plus side Lafayette lives and Jason and Tara have a bigger role in the series, which I am happy with.

I can't agree with you on that, but I do like some of what he's done. Dragging out the storyline with Maryanne was a big change from the books that I didn't like at all. Those endless orgy scenes dragged the show down for me. I also don't like the numerous times good things Eric has done in the book were done by Bill in the series or left out. Yes, I'm an Eric fangirl. :lol: I own it. I hate that AB seems to be all about Sookie and Bill.

On the plus side Lafayette lives and Jason and Tara have a bigger role in the series, which I am happy with.

This is why I won't touch those bloody books until the show is done.