HBO: True Blood

EricMontreal22

• Members

Well...except...right after that Eric was talking about eating children.

So, I think Ball is telling us that Eric is NOT a nice man -- he's not Godric -- and maybe even that with Godric's death, now only the worst parts of Eric remain (untempered by Godric's authority and ultimate goodness).

Eric is hot, sure...but he is really an evil guy. Nothing other than the brief Godric episode has told us otherwise.

I really, really, really want a Godric spinoff, initially set in Viking times...where we see him through the ages. Each season could put him in a different historical era. I know HBO won't ever do this, but that is what I want.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But he should be telling me otherwise and I am pissed that he hasn't yet. If he writes Eric as completely evil he's wasting a huge opportunity and deviating from the books in a way that I find completely unacceptable. AS is just too talented (and hot) to be pure evil. A bad boy, sure, but not evil.

But I didn't get the feeling he'd done it recently. :P 1,000 years is a long time. Children were considered nothing but little adults until the late 1800's or so. Tea cup humans, I believe Eric said. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Very detailed spoilers about some new characters yet to be cast and what the casting sheets called for:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/27/extremely-juicy-true-blood-spoilers-below/

And love the reader comments underneath with still more bitching from fans of the books (I guess only one of these new characters is even from them) I'veread the first two novels and can only saw every change Ball has made has been an improvemnet.

• Members

I can't agree with you on that, but I do like some of what he's done. Dragging out the storyline with Maryanne was a big change from the books that I didn't like at all. Those endless orgy scenes dragged the show down for me. I also don't like the numerous times good things Eric has done in the book were done by Bill in the series or left out. Yes, I'm an Eric fangirl.:lol: I own it. I hate that AB seems to be all about Sookie and Bill.

On the plus side Lafayette lives and Jason and Tara have a bigger role in the series, which I am happy with.

Archived