Access Exclusive: Star Leaves 'The View'

Chanel

• Members

Did anyone else find it ironic that on today’s "View" – which was pre-recorded and included Star – that one of the topics they talked about was getting fired from your job and !@#$%^&*]y female bosses? I found that totally funny! Star had this really mad look on her face during the discussion – which as we now know is because she knew she would be gone. I wonder when this was recorded. I guess Monday....?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That Larry King inteview actually I think even damaged her credibility even further if that was even possible. My god. She was lying about stuff and it was obviously a rehearsed thing and did anyone notices she smiled throughout the whole thing? God Star, you couldn't wait two days? She completely betrayed her co-stars who actually did not want to see her go. Go Barbara! is all I can say and was Star nuts to go on Larry's show or what. larry King is one of Babs' closest and dearest friends. You could tell he wasn't really even all that interested in Star's side of the story. Man lol this is better than the soaps we got on in the afternoon. She still would not flat out and say she had "surgery" Larry King asked her and she said well what else could I have meant. She tipped toed around it even last night. God Star get over yourself. This woman just makes my blood boil. She could have went out with grace and dignity but instead backstabbs her friends, goes to People magazine to play the victim a week before and then this Larry King atrocity. Good riddence Star.

Brian Frons, for once in my life I am commending you for a job well done!

• Members

In the current issue of Details magazine, in the "Antropology" page (where they compare a male archtype or something similar to a gay male), there's a *very* thinly veiled slam on Starr's hubby....

Gay or Talk-Show Diva's Husband?

One is red-carpet arm candy, and the other needs a little sugar, Daddy. Whether you're hitching your wagon to a star or lying back while someone else brings home the bacon, the key is to keep your million-dollar baby happy. So bow down and prepare to primp, pluck, and deny, deny, deny.

Buzz Cut

The back seat of the limo would rub anything longer the wrong way

Turtleneck

Those bloodthirsty tabloid boys always go straight for the neck

Sunglasses

She's not the only one who doesn't want to be recognized.

Red-Carpet Makeup

Always put your best face forward -- even when you're not the one on top.

Velvet Blazer

It's touchably soft -- with very, very deep pockets.

Manicured Nails

Because the pool boy can only use that story about the rose bushes once.

Ring

Take it off and tongues start wagging.

Tight Jeans

A snug fit shows off the swag in your goody bag.

Shiny Leather Shoes

Getting buffed from top to bottom is a full-time job.

:lol:

• Members

I'm sure Meredith is laughing at all this and thanking Katie Couric for leaving the Today Show, b/c she left that !@#$%^&*]-fest just in time.

I always try to wait until a person tells me that he's gay before I make any assumptions, but come on...Star is basically the next Liza Minnelli as far as I'm concerned. Actually, didn't Star show up to Liza's last wedding? Talk about ironic! :lol:

As for Star, I knew that all that BS about her stupid wedding was going to come back to bite her in the ass. That's when people started hating her. Even the stuff w/ the weight loss wasn't that bad, but added to her wedding, and it was too much. I still can't believe how the woman pimped herself out to companies so that she could get a free wedding. That is really low..and now she's lost her job b/c of it.

Frons should take note: this is what a soap opera is, not the crap that he's trying to put out now. :rolleyes:

• Members

I don't even like Star, but in this case, I'm on her side.

She was dogged out by BW and ABC, and I saw nothing wrong with how she announced she was leaving.

After they insulted her with the WAY they did the Rosie hiring, she didn't owe them anything.

Absolutely nothing.

• Members

LOL! CNN just re-showed the Larry King interview. It was hilarious!! Star sounds like she was high, especially at the end.

Star was really stupid to go on the show, but I loved how she dug it to Frons. :lol: I wonder how this whole scandal will affect the ratings. I know that a lot of people are on vacation this week. Too bad they're showing re-runs and pre-programmed episodes this week...I hate those b/c they don't discuss current issues. Overall, though, I don't think the ratings are going to improve too much. A lot of people hate the show. Recently, I've been watching it. I used to watch it all the time years ago, but they are really annoying.

• Members

I watched the Larry king show with Star and she's got her [!@#$%^&*] together. BW and BF have fucked up royally and this scandal is only gonna hurt ABC. The View's ratings are going to suffer which I think that the other two hosts are going to realize and jump ship right before they pull the plug on the show.

Star is gonna be alright though. I'm not a Star Jones Fan, but with her telling the truth she has shown the viewers what cut throat, Back stabbing, [!@#$%^&*] eating liars barbara walters and brian frons truly are. You go girl!!

If I was Star the only one I would keep in contact with is Joy cause at least she has the guts to tell her what a skinny !@#$%^&*] she had become......now that is honesty.

• Members

got that right. She looked way too happy. She was smiling and laughing and really enjoying herself.

Anyone catch the Soup this weekend? They were making fun of it. They showed Renee Elise Goldsberry and said The View made her out of all the weight Star lost....lol

• Members

I hate when people say that Renee looks like Star...b/c she doesn't, to me. She's so much prettier.

I guess I'm starting to feel sorry for Star b/c I know what big bastards Frons and ABC can be, and I think that they were idiots to tell her to tell viewers that she quit just so they could all look good.

At the same time, though, she's the one who's responsible for losing her job. They had this thing on VH1 that said that Star had pissed off ABC so much during her wedding b/c she thanked all the companies that gave her free crap w/o ABC's permission, so when the wedding was shown on some show, ABC edited out all of the unsolicited mentions, and in response, Star just didn't show up one day to work.

And also the fact that that was all she talked about. Every subject they'd discuss somehow segwayed into Star's wedding. It was just too extreme, and I know that a lot of viewers started hating her then. I know that I did: she used to be one of my favorites, but was now my least-favorite.

Basically, Star tried to mess w/ ABC, and she got hurt. I think that Frons should have canned her in Nov., and saved a lot of aggravation b/c viewers would have understood the situation, w/ her not showing up to work and being so unpopular. But instead, they waited until her contract expired, and it's turned into a huge disaster.

• Members

I wonder if, out of revenge, ABC will replay episodes where Star was really !@#$%^&*]y or rude(i.e. Tisha Campbell fill-in show) or episodes where Joy takes subtle cracks at her.

I think beginning in mid-July, THE VIEW will be doing reruns until the show premieres this fall with Rosie O'Donnell.

I hope Barbara Walters does off-air auditions to get the new VIEW team togehter. To see who has chemistry with Rosie, Joy and Elisabeth.

Archived