Access Exclusive: Star Leaves 'The View'

Chanel

• Members

BURBANK, Calif. (June 26, 2006) -- Star Jones Reynolds will announce her departure from "The View" this week, Access Hollywood learned.

A source close to "The View" told Access Monday that Star Jones Reynolds will leave "The View" in July and will announce the departure on the show this week.

As a result, the much discussed face-off between Star and incoming co-host, Rosie O'Donnell, will never occur.

O'Donnell is not joining the gals until September.

By July, Star will have been at "The View" for close to nine years, having been a part of the show since its inception in August 1997.

Barbara Walters, creator of "The View" and Star'sfellow co-host, did not return Access' calls for comment.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah742.shtml

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was planning on having THAT watch party everyday. Oh well...

Bye Stah! No one cares that you are leaving. NO. ONE. I bet Joy and Rosie are having drinks somewhere right now.

Be really funny if she fades like Debbie Matenopolous did, and they don't celebrate her exit on the air.

I'm starting to think the originally speculated plan may have worked better: Patricia Heaton replacing Meredith and the Fuse TV chick replacing Bitsy. If Babs had followed this formula, the show would have probably had much more heated debates(at least regarding politics).

I bet Gayle King's agent is calling Babs and Bill Geddie, wanting to know when can they make it official.

Not only that, but Rosie O's Blog(saying that she wants to make THE VIEW "more fun") worries me. Part of THE VIEW's charm is that they are unashamed of the fact that they are not like other shows on the air, that give away cars and throw koosh-balls in the audience.

I just hope there is someone on the panel that replaces Star that can create just as much anger and heat as she did. I don't want to be bored watching THE VIEW, and for nine seasons, when I tuned in, I rarely was.

• Members

I just watched Star annouce her departure on the View. It seemed very uncomfortable to me. She seems to be pretty upset at leaving and the "new direction" that the View is moving into. It was strained to say the least. I'm not really going to miss her, but I used to like the show so its current state is kind of shocking.

I have not been a regular viewer since Elizabeth took over for Lisa Ling. They used to argue, but they still seemed like friends for the most part, going to weddings/plays/vacations together. It does not appear that the cohosts are close now at all.

I had a friend who became the worst kind of bridezilla when she was married a couple of years ago. She alienated pretty much all of the closest friends, most of us still can't be around her. I wolder if the hoopla around Star's wedding began this rift?

• Members

Well, according to Star, she was fired: http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1208160,00.html

I think the show went downhill when Elisabeth joined. But it hit its absolute worst when Star got married. I remember she yelled at Joy and the rest of them b/c they took photos of themselves at Star's wedding and showed it on-air, and Star was pissed that they showed pictures of her wedding w/o her knowing about it...but you couldn't even tell what was going on, it was just to show what Meredith, Barbara, and Joy were wearing.

In People magazine, there's an interview w/ Patricia Heaton on the back, and they asked her about Rosie joining The View. She said that she was surprised that the show would take such a bold move, but she also insinuated that she already knew that Star was leaving...so maybe she's Star's replacement?? I know that she's conservative, but I don't find her as annoying as Elisabeth. She's able to stand by her beliefs and defend them, unlike Elisabeth.

But the show has gotten horrible since Meredith left. Even though Barbara has been on since then, there's nobody to control them. I think Rosie might make things worse.

Archived