Access Exclusive: Star Leaves 'The View'

Chanel

• Members

Susan Lucci goes to all the big GOP fundraisers and has been the the Whtiehouse and few times. However she NEVER comes out and state any of her views. I should have said she's suppoets the GOP. I have no real idea where she stands on any major issues. That's why she wouldn't be any good on the View. I have meet Ms.Lucci and she she's very nice. This wasn't a bash. it's just a fact that she support's the GOP.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Star is totally gone, and it was kind of awkward b/c it was just Barbara, Joy, and Elsabeth in the opening now.

Barbara adressed the issue in the beginning of the show, and said that Star knew for a while that ABC didn't want to resign her, but that they were going to let Star find another job before she left (probably by Sept. b/c that's when the new season starts) and that Star could tell the viewers that it was her decision to leave, etc. But obviously that didn't happen.

Barbara seemed pretty upset about it, but Joy looked happy when they cut to a break. One thing's for sure, w/ only 3 people, it was a lot calmer. Nobody was interrupting each other, and Elisabeth actually got to talk and wasn't as annoying.

On CNN, someone stated that at the Daytime Emmys, Barbara and Rosie were backstage talking to the press and insinuated that Star was definitely gone, so she probably knew in April that she wasn't coming back to the show. The guy also said that Star's not friends w/ any of the other co-hosts, which I already figured since she treated them like crap at her wedding and yelled at them for not telling her that she needed to lose weight.

Maybe this is all to attract viewers. I don't know. Isn't Frons in charge of the show? Star was like the biggest pimp for ABC Daytime. But she was really annoying, and her antics off-screen were causing a lot of problems, so I wasn't surprised that ABC didn't want her back.

• Members

Star is such a drama queen! Babs and company really didnt know she was going to make that announcement yesterday. Her ass was fired and she tried to sugarcoat it that she was leaving and that took them all by surprise bc they knew. Im glad I taped today's show. I was shocked when she wasnt there but thats no surprise bc of that interview she did with People.

• Members

Star’s drama queen, know-it-all-opinionated diva antics made the show interesting to watch. Total love to hate thing for me. With her and Meredith gone, I doubt I will watch. There is no excitement in watching Rosie totally destroy Elizabeth’s ill formed opinions.

• Members

So for the tenth season of "The View" starring:

Barbara Walters

Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Joy Behar

Rosie O'Donnell

and

Gayle King

Gayle needs to be Star's replacement. She's solid and I think she can moderate the show like it needs to be done, but how said Meredith and Starr are both gone, I liked Starr.

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of Star... but I preferred her to Barbara and Joy, and I never liked Rosie. I watched off and on, between this and TPIR; but I guess I'll be sticking to TPIR from now on.

I'm not understanding why Barbara feels betrayed, so what if Star went ahead with the announcement, as far as most people are concerned Star's only making herself look bad.

• Members

I think that perhaps the reason Barbara is upset is because Star has been a huge part of THE VIEW, as was Meredith. Who knows who exactly at ABC said, "We're not renewing Star's cotract" and this is yet another big hit to The View, yes it makes for good gossip and gets people buzzed about the show, but techinally Meredith and Star were the last two original view ladies, excluding Barbara who has been off and on for years. You know what I mean. And Joy wasn't there all 5 days like Meredith and Star...so The View has lost both stars, no pun intended.

I think they will scramble to find temp co-hosts and no the search begins for a new "Star". Barbara is upset because it came out of nowhere, and she/The View/ABC were prolly under the knowledge that with Star's people that they would work it all out until September. It was very unprofessional of Star to suddenly spring this on them, without so much as a warning, on NATIONAL LIVE TV for crying out loud you know what I mean! Very unprofessional.

• Members

I dont think that was the issue bc she was going to make an announcement later this week and Barbera and The View knew this. Starr should have waited those 2 days but I dont think thats why they got rid of her so soon. I think its bc of what she said in that People interveiw about being fired. She made herself out to be the victim and ABC look negative. They cant still have her their after that. Starr forced their hand. If it was just her announcement yesterday, then they could have spun it anyway since thats what the plan was anyway, but what she said in the article contradicted what she said on TV. I like that the View was at least open and honest with its fans instead of continuing to pretend as if nothing was wrong bc if they did and they let Starr on this morning, they would have lost even more integrity, not that they have much at the moment

Archived