Access Exclusive: Star Leaves 'The View'

Chanel

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know what would be classic The View?

If they decided to bring Star on as guest next week to discuss the thing themselves. I would sooo tape that!

I no longer look at these women as people anymore. They are merely characters on a new soap opera. Take a little time to enjoy THE VIEW everybody!

• Members

Yes, she does have that right.........I never implied that she didn't have that right, the long winded answers she was giving is what was getting on my nerves....It doesn't matter to me how she lost the weight, I was speculating on what type of surgery she could have had....

I guess we'll never know what really went on behind the scenes at The View......There's Star's view, Barbara's view, and the Real view......

It will be interesting to see what kind of show The View turns into..... :)

• Members

She may have never claimed she lost it from pilates and dieting, but she certainly implied that. She even said that in her book.

Well at least he wasn't fake like Star. I mean, AS IF she was telling the truth whenever she said, "I hope I am friends with all of them." Whatever! Why would you call Joy a !@#$%^&*] on national [!@#$%^&*] TV if you were friends?

She DID tell the truth, but Barbara was under the impression that Star was going to save face and leave with dignity. She did, on the show. But telling People Magazine even BEFORE she told the viewers she so "cares" about proves what a publicity whore she is. She doesn't care about the viewers or the show. She cared about coming out on top.

And whoop-de-frickin-do, did she ever?! She's skinny, married to a homo with whose flames start more weenie roasts than a campfire, and JOBLESS! If she was worried about being hired for another media outlet before, she better be worried now. Barbara Walters doesn't own all of television, but seeing the way Star has blown this out of proportion proves that she is a loose cannon and cannot be trusted anywhere. On live or taped television. I hear Patricia Heaton may want Star for her "VIEW-like" talk show that is in the works with Buena Vista Television. But guess who owns Buena Vista? ABC/Disney. Guess who is President of Buena Vista? Brian Frons. Bwahahaha.

And why should Barbara be a bad person for telling the truth in return, when, in her own way, she really was trying to protect Star?

Barbara may be selfish, but at least she doesn't participate in payola just to fund big parties and weddings! Star's fakeness during the interview just makes me want to puke. I hope she knows that whoever the future holds doesn't enjoy her pity-party, cheap shots, and spotlight whoredom.

Star really needs to suck it up and get over herself and fast. Maybe BET can pay her to revive OH DRAMA. Or someone, somewhere can snatch her up to something.

But, I have a feeling she's finished. I hope she saved those VIEW paychecks.

For ONCE, Brian Frons got it right!

• Members

Larry is a terrible interviewer, just as Star would reach a big point, he'd jump in and make her start over. I know he's like a god, but I don't think he's all that. I just like the format of his show.

Star looked a hot mess today. Her weave was terrible, the curls, the natural hair at the top all was very obvious. The people on The View have better lighting, hair and makeup so when even though the clips were from this Tuesday, it looked like she had aged five years.

The actual interview portion was very enjoyable to me. My one complaint is that after nine years I know how Star sounds and acts. During this interview, she was putting on a show, trying to get the public on her side. I appreciate that she realizes she alienated viewers, but I wish she didn't come off so phony.

I'm not the biggest Star fan, but these past few months have been great with her. I guess it has to do with her learning of the exit, but she's scaled back her "All About Me" attitude and contributed well to the show. This has helped me get on her side in time for this announcement.

When she finally announced it Tuesday, I didn't see the problem. The news broke on Monday that Star was 100% leaving and announcing it this week. Because of this, I tuned in on Tuesday because I knew thats when the announcement had to be. I'm surprised BARBARA didn't decide to push it up based on the press. I don't see how Star betrayed anyone by telling the truth. Barbara and ABC just want to save face because the show has been tanking. I'd attribute it more to Bitsy and her stupid, ignorant comments, than Star.

The comments from ABC did nothing but confuse me. They should've allowed Star to stay and taken the high road. I honestly don't see what she said that was so bad that they had to remove her. By causing all of this drama, they are making it hard to root for them. The biggest problem is that they were inconsistant, nothing coming from them made any sense.

Can't wait to see how this looks on Monday! I know Fridays show is pre-taped so Star will be appearing. I wonder if this was taped on Tuesday and how the tension will be. I'll definitely be tuning in!

• Members

if she was really trying to protect star then why did they not give her a heads up as to this trouble? Star asked Bill Getty point blank, and he told her there was nothing going on. That's protecting their asses from an uncomfortable conversation, nothing more.

which 1) she admitted was a mistake. 2) was pushed by ABC and 3) had nothing to do with my paragraph you replied to.

Star just isn't the type to be baited, like Larry King tried to do so very often. This is nothing new. Fakeness, and keeping composure and professionalism are very different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

but you did imply she doesn't have the right to privacy.

She doesn't have to answer anything to anyone if she chooses not to. Just like if you'd had your boobs enhanced or your nose fixed, you would choose whether everyone knew or not.

• Members

Star is a fake. I’ve heard clips of the radio interview she gave to Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday, and her tone was !@#$%^&*]y and vengeful – which is understandable given the situation (she's only human), but then she’s on Larry King today talking in his sleepy baby voice. Come on, Star. Everyone knows you’re a superficial !@#$%^&*]. No one is buying your sweet angel act.

• Members

Or to keep Star from going to People? Orto even give her a chance to redeem herself before the [!@#$%^&*] hit the fan.....Star's not stupid: she knew her on-air and off-air antics were pissing people off left and right.

OK. Maybe not. But I don't see how Star can portray herself "the victim" here. And I doubt that ABC pushed her advertising products that SHE and not THE SHOW recieved profit from. That makes no sense to me. She's admitting it was a mistake to save face.

What was so professional about Star calling Barbara Walters a hypocrite to the NY Daily News? Or leaking the story to People that she was "fired" without telling her bosses(regardless of whether or not she was leaving anyway) what was going on? She hadn't the LEAST bit of professionalism by doing that. Instead, she comes off as very tacky and immature. As immature as she is making ABC out to be in this situation.

If Star wanted to seem like she had grace and class, she wouldn't have given People or Larry King the time of day. Instead, she comes off looking like the publicity hog that she is.

• Members
Bc they were not expecting Star to make her announcement on Tuesday. She should have told them but she gave no warning. What she said completely contradicted what she said in her People interview. The View is a live show and they couldnt trust what she'd say or do on the air after that. I definetly understand that. She's already campaigning for sympathy and possible a loose cannon now

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 30 2006, 01:26 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I honestly don't see what she said that was so bad that they had to remove her.

Uh, you can bet like hell that once taping was finished, some big behind-the-scenes drama occured. Obviously, SOMETHING went down THEN.

And, as Barbara said, it was becoming uncomfortable for them to all sit there pretending everything was hunky-dory. That's good enough reason for me!

For the record, I don't really like Barbara all that much, either. But engaged in a catfight, I'll definitely root for Babs to kick Starr's ass!

• Members

If you go back and look at Meredith, once the news leaked, she announced her departure the next day. Star did the exact same thing. Where Star went wrong is that she told the truth which isn't what ABC wanted her to do because it makes them look bad.

I'm watching her on Today and what do ya know--Brian Frons is involved! He always seems to have his nose involved in a scandal...

Well after Barbara (who now hates Star) and previous statements from ABC said that Star learned she was being let go in April, he's now saying she's known since November. WTF is wrong with him? ABC should've kept their mouths shut as this is making them look really bad.

People like myself who H-A-T-E Star Jones can even see the problems with this story. There are more inconsistancies in ABC's story, but I don't have the time to list them.

Say what you will about Star (I know I do), but she IS a well respected lawyer and one of her strong points on The View is knowing her stuff. This is why I believe so much she's saying because legally, she knows better than to make things up.

If you go back and look at her exit, it was very nice. She had nothing but nice things to say about her time on the show. People kinda screwed her over by taking one quote and twisting it.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 30 2006, 09:14 AM)

If you go back and look at her exit, it was very nice. She had nothing but nice things to say about her time on the show.

Probably to make herself look good before going all diva-!@#$%^&*] when the cameras stopped rolling, LoL.

• Members

In all this View mess, I think the only 2 who come out looking ok are Joy and Elisabeth.

My opinion of Star hasn't changed, I think she's a publicity whore, but my opinion of Barbara has definitely went down.

And Rosie, well, she went off the deep end a couple of years ago and while I used to really enjoy her on her show, I don't really care either way anymore.

Archived