Access Exclusive: Star Leaves 'The View'

Chanel

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just saw Ryan Seacrest on E! News discussing Star's dismissal. He mentioned The View's low ratings. Does anyone know how low the ratings are? (all this time I thought they were decent).

I suspect the ratings will go up a bit when Rosie starts (mainly people will be curious) but I'm not sure how high they will get. I'm not sure what to make of Rosie's *popularity quotient* right now. Personally I can't stand her.

• Members

I hate Rosie that dumb cow!@#$%^&*]! I would think that the ratings would go down when she came on board. She used to be popular, but then everyone found out what a vicious c**t she is during that trial!

• Members

I cant stand Rosie and I think the show's ratings will go down as well. I expect this to be The View's final season. People did watch for the women and the chemistry between them but with two thirds of the group gone now, the show will be unrecognizable. I didnt count Hasslebeck as she adds nothing to the show and Walters is rarely there, except recently since it went down to 3 and now 2. Hate Starr all you want, but she did help make the View what is as did Meredith and Joy. Those 3 were there from day one and it was already a big blow having Meredith gone but Star out is the final nail on the coffin. She does have her fans who watch for her, as people who hate her who also watch for her and her comments.

I think Walters should have just retooled the whole show. Keep Joy and bring on 3 new women, not Elizabeth or Rosie as they are annoying. Bring 3 new viewpoints from different backgrounds as the original concept of the show was. Yeah it would have been daring but I dont think they have much to lose especially with all this negative backstage drama they are going through now.

Speaking of Rosie, I found this bit and it makes me dislike her more, not that I liked her anyway

Rosie O'Donnell Blasts Kirstie Alley

O'Donnell Blasts Kirstie Alley

By WENN| Thursday, March 17, 2005

HOLLYWOOD - Former chat show queen Rosie O'Donnell is waging a fat war on Kirstie Alley

after claiming the former Cheers beauty is much heavier than the 210 pounds she claims to weigh.

O'Donnell actress admires Alley for poking fun at her inflated size in new Showtime comedy Fat Actress, but O'Donnell wants the Look Who's Talking star to be more honest.

O'Donnell says, "I am telling you right now, I'm 218 pounds--Kirstie Alley is not 210. She's a lying sack of s**t. "At least tell the truth. She's gotta be like 248 (pounds)."

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

• Members

I agree the show should have been retooled Cheap.

I loved Joy's reaction to Star's removal. Hehehe. She had so much glee.

Now, I see what was with all of her ABC Daytime asskissing when Brian Frons was there and Carolyn Hinsey slammed GH during the Emmy Nominations. Meredith even called her on it.

No doubt, THE VIEW is gonna need some star power or at least someone of a completely different background. I'd love to see a Black Moderate/Conservative female on the panel just to see Rosie and Joy's heads explode and to see more squabbling at the table.

Someone at YouTube suggested THE APPRENTICE's Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. Now wouldn't THAT be worth watching?! LOL.

• Members

they wouldnt have the balls to put Omarosa on there but if they did, Ii would definetly tune in! I can see her just picking on Elizabeth to the point where she quits and it would be the battle of the !@#$%^&*]es between Omarosa and Rosie. LOVE the idea!

• Members

I don't see Hassleback lasting more than a year.

With Rosie coming on and possibly Gayle King the poor thing will have a HUGE target on her back and debates/rants/catfights/!@#$%^&*]fests will be a dime a dozen.

Being the only republican must suck.

• Members

I'm on Team Babs for this one. Star's behavior in this whole situation is completely unprofessional. Good luck, Stah, finding employment after this debacle!

When the decision came down to fire Star, I truly believe BW had her best interests in mind and wanted Star to leave the show with some dignity. That was a classy thing to do and Star agreed to it. SHE didn't say a peep about this until now.

If Star would've found another job, I guarantee you she wouldn't have gone out and said she was fired. Hell, when she was fired from E!, she denied, denied, denied it.

But now that Star's career prospects are drying up...she tried to milk her story and tried to pull the victim card. Going to People and telling them the story after BW tried to help Star in the first place was a god-damn dumb thing to do. BW was nothing but accomodating to Star and Star decided it wasn't good enough...she had to be the victim.

Good riddance, Star, you ol' freak. Have fun trying to get another job in show biz.

• Members

eh, so Starr beat Babs to the punch in announcing to the audience about Starr leaveing the View I think she is just getting Babs back for Babs dragging Rosie's big ass onto the DayTime awards stage, makeing that announcement about joining the View what a farce!

I cannot stand Rosie.

Good Luck Starr !! I know you will bounce back :lol:

Archived